With the heat turned up on the summer season, it’s time to cool down the cooking! No more standing over a stove–break out the no-bake recipes and get your grill on.
This time of year is such a fantastic time to reconnect with family and friends. Everyone comes out of winter hibernation, invitations are tossed out via email or Facebook, parties and potlucks and family-reunion picnics fill the calendar.
It’s likely you have a handful of big summer events where you’ll be expected to bring some food for sharing. Whether your gathering with the team after a big game, or hanging with the neighborhood at the classic cul-de-sac potluck, we’re here to help! Make a giant bowl of our delicious, homemade Watermelon Cucumber Mango Salsa and keep it fresh in our Profreshionals 7-Quart Fresh Cut Fruit bowl.
The ProFreshionals 7-Quart Fresh Fruit Bowl makes it easy to cut, store, and tote and ENTIRE watermelon in a single bowl. This bowl is specially designed to make sure fruit stays fresh. With a specially designed perfect-fit strainer cover and spout to pour out the juice, melon will taste like it’s just been cut for days! Made for entertaining, this brightly colored no-break plastic bowl is for more than just melon. Cut up enough cantaloupe for a crowd, bring enough strawberries to feed a slew of favorite people. Buy it online now at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
Perfect for parties, potlucks, and picnics, grab your Profreshionals 7-Quart Fresh Cut Fruit Bowl and mix up a quick batch of this this bright and zesty salsa tastes great with tortilla chips. It’s great served over grilled meats, on top of cream-cheese slathered crostini, and makes a gorgeous addition to shrimp cocktail. PLUS Check out 4 More Fun Ways to Use Your Watermelon Salsa here.
Watermelon, Cucumber, Mango Salsa
Deliciously simple, this fresh salsa is a must-have at summer parties and potlucks.
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- 1 medium-sized seedless watermelon, cut into 1/2’” cubes
- 2 English Cucumbers, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 large sweet Onions, finely diced
- 4 ripe Mangos, peeled, pitted, and cut into ½” cubes
- 2 Jalapenos, seeded and diced
- ½ cup white Vinegar or lime juice
- ½ cup Honey or sugar
- ¼ cup fresh Mint or tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Ground Pepper to taste
1. Good Cook Tool needed- PROfreshionals 7-Quart Fresh Cut Fruit Bowl 2. Place all ingredients in the fruit bowl. Toss gently and serve with tortilla chips. Or pair with your favorite summer treats for a fun twist on traditional salsa.