Make no-fuss DIY Caramel Apple Bites as a fantastic alternative to Caramel Apples this year and let the party in your mouth begin! These easy bites would be perfect for a party or just a sweet afternoon treat! To make these tiny little bombshells of fun, you will need a Good Cook Touch Double Melon Baller to form the apple balls.
What You’ll Need
- 5 or 6 crisp apples
- 11 oz bag of caramel candies
- candy sprinkles
- Good Cook Touch Double Melon Baller
- Good Cook Parchment Paper
- Sweet Creations Lollipop Sticks
How To Make ‘Em
1. Begin by taking your melon baller and pressing into the sides of an apple to form an apple ball. The ball will be slightly flat on the side of the ball where there is the apple skin. Work your way through the apples until you have formed as many balls as possible from about 5 or 6 apples. Some of the balls may not turn out quite right depending on where on the apple you form them, so sort through and choose the ones that are the most rounded. Set aside the apple balls.
2. Insert into each apple ball a cake pop stick. It’s okay if the stick pokes almost through the other side of the apple but try to keep the stick inserted just before this point.
3. In a microwavable safe container, add an 11oz bag of unwrapped caramel candies and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover the container with a lid and microwave for about 3 minutes, stopping each minute to check the caramels and stir. Once completely melted, you are all set.
4. Allow the melted caramel to cool a little and if you have time, dry off the apple balls with a towel. Working with apple balls that are as dry as possible will ensure that the caramel sticks better against the all sides of the apple with no skin.
- TRY THIS: Caramel not sticking to your apples? Gently dry them with a clean paper towel, then toss them in powdered sugar. Voila! Your apples are ready to dip…and the caramel will stick!
5. Set up an assembly line of apple balls with inserted cake pop sticks, melted caramel and candy sprinkles. Dip each ball into melted caramel and twirl all the way around. Next dip each ball covered in caramel into the candied sprinkles.
Set on a parchment paper and serve immediately! Let the Caramel Apple Bites party begin! Enjoy!