This time of year I love breaking out a bunch of fresh cookie boxes and handing out homemade gifts to friends and family. I always make a variety of cookies, but these peppermint mocha latte cookies are a crowd favorite time and time again.
This is a rich chocolate cookie made with cocoa powder and espresso. After they finish baking, they are dipped into velvety melted chocolate infused with peppermint extract and sprinkled with crushed candy canes.
Not only do these cookies taste like a peppermint mocha latte but they are a synch to make! You don’t need any stand mixers or heavy equipment just a large mixing bowl, a great spatula (and a little elbow grease!) and my GoodCook extra-large baking sheet. This time of year I’m trying to bake as much and as quick as I can. This baking sheet is 21×15 inches and fits up to 24 COOKIES at a time! It’s wonderful and SO useful in my kitchen arsenal.
Peppermint Mocha Latte Cookies Ingredients:
instant espresso powder
granulated sugar vanilla extract
package of chocolate chips
crushed candy canes
How to make Peppermint Mocha Latte Cookies:
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In another large bowl cream together sugars, vanilla extract and softened butter until creamy and fluffy. Stir in eggs until combined.
- Add in flour mixture in two increments until all incorporated and fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1-inch onto GoodCook extra-large baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 F.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking rack and then dip one side into melted chocolate. Sprinkle with candy canes and let cool completely and allow chocolate to harden before serving.
Discover more favorite recipes from The College Housewife:
Peppermint Mocha Latte Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 12-ounce package of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and set aside. Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and softened butter until well combined and creamy. Add eggs and whisk until combined. Add dry flour ingredient mixture in two increments and mix until incorporated. Add in chocolate chips and stir.
Scoop one inch balls onto GoodCook extra large baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 5-10 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Melt chocolate in a microwave safe dish for 30-second increments, stirring after each increment. Once melted, stir in the peppermint extract. Dip half of cooled cookies into melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.