This Skillet Balsamic Beef Meal Prep comes together quickly and easily for a tasty dinner that’s ready in under 20 minutes. Juicy pan-seared steak cubes are tossed in a sweet and tangy balsamic sauce and paired with garlicky mashed cauliflower and spinach. Skillet Balsamic Beef is a healthy, low-carb meal prep favorite.
This healthy version of meat and potatoes calls for lean steak and mashed cauliflower, so you’ll bypass the extra calories and carbs but still get a delicious and satisfying meal. There’s nothing better than coming home after a busy day at work and simply reheating this tasty dinner. With a tangy, caramelized sauce and a garlicky side, you’ll want this perfectly seasoned meal prep on your menu.
We love when delicious flavors and balanced nutrition come together in one pan. The GoodCook Classic Sauté Pan is perfect for searing the beef and cooking the mashed cauliflower. It’s roomy enough to cook up the beef and features a non-stick interior for easy cleaning.
The cubed balsamic beef and mashed cauliflower fit perfectly in a GoodCook 2 Compartment Meal Prep Container, so a healthy dinner is at the ready. One compartment fits the cubed balsamic beef, and the second compartment fits the mashed cauliflower and spinach.
Here are all the steps you’ll need to get this delicious, low-carb meal prep into containers for the week:
For the Balsamic Beef
- This recipe calls for cubed beef, so you’ll need a strong knife for cutting. We love the GoodCook Touch Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife, which is sharp and sturdy, perfect for this task. Make sure to disinfect and clean your knife and cutting surface after working with raw meat. Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper.
- In a GoodCook Classic Sauté Pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Toss the butter into the pan, then immediately add the steak cubes. Cook until golden brown on one side, then turn in pan, cooking until golden brown on all the other sides.
- Add garlic and balsamic to the pan. Cook, stirring often until the vinegar begins to thicken.
- Transfer the balsamic beef into the 1-cup section of a GoodCook meal prep container.
For the Spinach Cauliflower
- To cook the frozen mashed cauliflower and spinach for this recipe: Add the frozen mashed cauliflower to a GoodCook Classic Sauté Pan and heat to medium-high. Toss in the puréed garlic and the baby spinach.
- Transfer the mashed cauliflower and spinach into the 2-cup section of a GoodCook meal prep container.
With GoodCook, this flavorful meal prep comes together quickly and easily. From the GoodCook Touch Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife to GoodCook Touch Mixing Bowls to the GoodCook Classic Sauté Pan, GoodCook has all of the bakeware, cookware and kitchen accessories to get started. This quick and easy skillet beef recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Are you ready to get this irresistible Skillet Balsamic Beef prepped?
Prep & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Skillet Balsamic Beef with Garlicky Mashed Cauliflower and Spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound flank, strip loin, or rib eye steak, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups frozen mashed cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 2 cups baby spinach, finely chopped
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper beef cubes. Once pan is hot, toss butter into pan, then immediately add steak. Cook until golden brown on one side, then turn in pan, cooking until golden brown on other sides. Add garlic and balsamic to pan. Cook, stirring often, until vinegar begins to thicken. Remove from heat and transfer into 1-cup section of meal prep container.
In a large pan over medium heat, cook frozen cauliflower until warm. Add garlic puree and stir in baby spinach. Transfer to 2-cup section of meal prep container.