Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Moist, tender, and perfectly sweet, these cupcakes make a perfect treat. Look for the "Pumpkin Pie Mix" which can be found in the pie section of most grocers. The pumpkin pie mix "puree is slightly thinner and has added sweetness and spices. However, if you can't find it in your local grocery store, feel free to use traditional pumpkin pie puree, and add an additional 1 tablespoon of milk to the batter.Serves: 12
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Pumpkin pie mix puree
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups Flour
- 2/3 cup Milk
- Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) Block cream cheese, softened
- 1 (2 pound) bag powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Maple extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup Milk
1. Tools needed: Good Cook Muffin Pan, 12 cup
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter, eggs, and brown sugar until light and creamy.
4. Add the pumpkin puree, baking powder, salt, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and flour. Beat together just until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Add the milk and beat mixture together until well mixed. Spoon into 24 muffin tins lined with cupcake wrappers.
6. Transfer to oven and bake 17-19 minutes, or until the center of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Remove and cool completely before frosting with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
Preparing the maple cream cheese frosting
1. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
2 Add powdered sugar, vanilla, maple extract, and just enough milk to moisten the frosting. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Pipe over cooled cupcakes
Recipe created by Cheekykitchen exclusively for Good Cook
|pumpkin spice cupcakes
Written by: judy watts
Saint Augustine Florida
May 8, 2013
I love cupcakes and these are scrumptious
What did you like most: Easy to make , Kid- Friendly , Very Tasty , Will Make Again