Skip delivery and make this homemade supreme pizza loaded with pepperoni, red onion, green pepper & fresh mozzarella. It features a crispy, pillowy crust topped with tangy red sauce and is layered with irresistible pepperoni, your favorite veggies and gooey, melty cheese. Pepperoni lovers will go crazy for this flavorful pizza pie!
Don’t be intimidated by making pizza from scratch – it’s easier than you think and so satisfyingly delicious. Our secret to crispy, golden crust is the GoodCook AirPerfect Pizza Pan, and your pie won’t stick to the surface. It features a channeled surface for airflow and even baking, and it has an easy-to-clean nonstick surface.
Grab your GoodCook Pizza Cutter and enjoy a hot slice of gooey, cheesy homemade pizza.
Tips For Making Delicious Pizza At Home
- For extreme pepperoni lovers, hide extra pepperoni under the cheese, and layer some on top too.
- Look for fresh mozzarella cheese in the specialty cheese section of your grocery store, usually near the deli.
- Your oven needs to be super hot for a crispy crust – make sure to crank up the heat!
- If your dough is refrigerated, let it sit out for at least 30 minutes to help relax the gluten.
- Go easy on the sauce. You want enough sauce for flavor, but not enough to make the crust soggy.
- If you want a really crispy crust, stick the GoodCook AirPerfect Pan in the oven for 15 minutes to heat it up, then assemble the pizza on the hot pan and bake.
Steps For Making Pizza With Pepperoni, Red Onion, Green Pepper & Fresh Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium GoodCook Mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water, and let it sit until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- With a GoodCook Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife, thinly slice the red onion and green bell pepper to ¼” thickness.
- Add the flour, salt and olive oil to the yeast and sugar mixture in the GoodCook mixing bowl. Mix until smooth and let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- For the red sauce: In a GoodCook Mixing Bowl, combine the tomato paste and tomato sauce, making sure there are no lumps. Add in the spices and sugar, mixing well.
- Place the pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a 16 inch round and transfer to the GoodCook AirPerfect pizza pan.
- Spread the red sauce evenly around the pizza dough. Place the mozzarella slices around the pizza, and then evenly distribute the veggies and pepperoni. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
With the GoodCook line of cookware and kitchen accessories, it’s easy to whip up a restaurant style pizza. Make the dough in a GoodCook Mixing Bowl and bake up the pizza on a GoodCook AirPerfect Pizza Pan. This pizza is guaranteed to have a satisfyingly crispy crust, and clean-up is so easy! Are you ready for pizza night?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Pepperoni, Red Onion, and Green Pepper Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 1/2 oz package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 3/4 bread flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1-2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 5 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 oz (about 32 slices) pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
Preheat oven to 450F. Then in a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let it stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
While waiting for the mixture to become creamy, thinly slice the red onion and green bell pepper about ¼” thickness.
Stir in flour, salt, and olive oil. Mix until smooth, let rest for 5 minutes.
While your dough rests, mix tomato paste and sauce until there are no lumps. Then mix in remaining ingredients, mixing well.
Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16 inch round and transfer to Air Perfect pizza pan.
Spread pizza sauce evenly around the dough. Place the mozzarella evenly around the pizza, and then evenly distribute your veggies and pepperoni.
Bake in oven for 15-20, until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.