Reminisce those Mediterranean summer days with this fresh-tasting, quick, and easy salad. Make this salad for a quick family dinner for those busy school days or a large crowd; either way, people will love it!
It is filled with peppery arugula, creamy mozzarella pearls, crunchy onion and cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes that burst with flavor. You will not get enough of this quick and healthy salad that is packed with Vitamin B!
A Meyer lemon vinaigrette gives the perfect amount of herby tanginess to balance out the creamy mozzarella, making this salad that much more delicious.
Get the Tools
With the GoodCook 1 qt stainless steel saucepan, you can make the perfect amount of Orzo for this salad. Its tempered glass lid lets you see when your Orzo is ready to go. The heat-resistant Bakelite handle ensures you won’t burn yourself while handling the saucepan.
Orzo Salad Recipe
- 4c Water
- 1.5c Orzo, Uncooked
- 2c Arugula
- 1 Small Red Onion, Diced
- 1 teaspoon Dill, Fresh
- 2ea Persian Cucumbers, Diced
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 4oz Mozzarella, Pearls
- 1c Meyer Lemon Oil
- ¼c Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 TBSP Oregano, Dried
- ½ TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper, Ground
- ADD: the water to the GoodCook 1qt Sauce pan with lid. Allow it to boil. Once it is boiling, add the teaspoon to the water and stir in the Orzo. Cover with lid and let boil for 8-9 minutes. Once Orzo is done, strain water and allow the Orzo to cool in the fridge for 20 minutes or until cooled.
- WHISK: all the ingredients for the dressing in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- MIX: in a large bowl, the tomato, cucumber, mozzarella, arugula, & dill.
- TOSS: in the cooled Orzo. Once well mixed, drizzle in the dressing as you mix the salad. Place in the refrigerator until ready to eat!