This easy, one pan chicken dinner with fresh veggies is just what you need for a weekday dinner. Seasoned chicken breasts, caramelized butternut squash and fresh green beans are cooked all in one pan for an utterly delicious meal with minimal clean up. Healthy and full of flavor, the whole family will love this one pan chicken and veggie dinner.
Loaded with veggies and lean chicken breasts, this hearty and nutritious meal comes together all in one pan. The GoodCook® Everyday Sauté pan is the perfect size for searing the chicken and cooking the veggies. It’s roomy enough to fit a whole meal and features a non-stick interior for easy cleaning.
To get started on this family-friendly meal, you’ll need to prep the veggies with a GoodCook® Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife, grab your GoodCook® Everyday Sauté Pan and you’re ready to cook!
Steps to make one pan chicken and veggies
- In a large GoodCook® Mixing Bowl, combine the cubed butternut squash and green beans. Toss with 1 Tbsp of avocado oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. Add 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil to create a paste. Place chicken on a plate and rub the chicken with the wet rub until evenly coated.
- Heat the GoodCook® Everyday Sauté Pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the remaining oil to coat the pan. Sear the chicken for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- While onion and chicken are continuing to cook, make the honey mustard sauce by whisking together both mustards and garlic. Brush half of the sauce on the chicken.
- Add the squash and green beans and cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. We use a GoodCook® Digital Thermometer to measure the internal temperature. Watch the vegetables to make sure they don’t burn.
- Serve by spooning the rest of the sauce on the chicken and veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh thyme.
- Thinner cut chicken breasts will cook faster. If your chicken breasts are extremely thick, cut them in half lengthwise before cooking.
- Purchase pre-cubed butternut squash in the refrigerated produce section to reduce prep time.
- Cut the butternut squash into equal-sized pieces so they cook at the same rate.
- Keep an eye on the pan so it doesn’t burn. If some of the veggies are cooking too quickly, remove them early or add about ¼ cup of chicken broth to the pan and
- reduce the heat.
Other veggie add-ins
- Sweet potatoes
- Brussels sprouts
GoodCook® brings easy solutions to the dinner table with cookware that fits your whole dinner in one pan. Start this recipe with a GoodCook® Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife for the slicing and cook everything up in a GoodCook® Everyday Sauté Pan, which has a spacious interior and is easy to clean. This one pan chicken and veggies will be a new family favorite! Are you ready for a flavor-packed one pan dinner?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcookcom #goodcooking.
One Pan Chicken, Butternut and Green Beans
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small/medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes (quick tip: purchase ready cubed butternut squash)
- 1 cup purple onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp stone-ground mustard
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
In a large bowl, combine butternut squash and green beans. Toss with 1 Tbsp of avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat saute pan on medium-high heat. In a small bowl mix together paprika, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. Add 1 tbsp oil to create a paste. Place chicken on a plate and rub the chicken with wet rub until coated evenly.
Once the pan is hot, add the remaining oil to coat the pan. Sear chicken for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Add onion to pan and sautee until translucent.
While onion and chicken are continuing to cook make honey mustard sauce. Whisk together both mustards and garlic and brush half onto chicken. Add squash and green beans and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F being careful not to burn the vegetables. Serve by spooning a bit more sauce to the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh thyme.