Most everyone knows how to make classic no-bake cookies. Peanut butter, sugar and cocoa powder, cooked until bubbling, then stirred together with oats before being plopped onto a baking sheet to cook. Though the traditional version is delicious, we thought it would be fun to bake up a whole new variation!
Instead of peanut butter and cocoa, we’ve created this recipe to include butterscotch chips. The end result is a caramel-kissed cookie that can be made in minutes. Whether your sweet tooth is craving something sweet stat, or you need a super snappy recipe to pull together for a potluck or party, tuck this recipe away! It’s so easy, kiddos can help cook up batches of these cookies. And the best part is…you can swap out the butterscotch chips for peanut butter chips, cinnamon chips, even salted caramel chips. So, you can make several batches of the same cookie, with all sorts of delicious variations.
No-Bake Supply List
Because this recipe cooks so quickly on the stovetop, you’ll want to have all of your supplies lined up ahead of time. Here’s everything you’ll need to make a quick batch of these delicious cookies:
- Sweet Creations 5-Piece Prep Bowl Set for gathering all your ingredients
- Good Cook 2-Quart Stainless Steel Saucepan for no-stick stovetop cooking
- Sweet Creations High-Temp Silicone Spatula (or Christmas Silicone Spatula) for scraping the pot as you cook
- Sweet Creations Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Dropper for making even-sized cookies everytime
- Sweet Creations High-Temp Silicone Baking Mat, the perfect no-bake space for cooling your creations
Once you’ve gathered all of your cooking equipment, print off the recipe below…it’s time to start cooking. These no-bake cookies are about to become an instant hit in your kitchen!Print
No-Bake Butterscotch Cookies
Quick and simple, these caramelly butterscotch cookies can be made in just 10 minutes! The addition of rainbow sprinkles lends fun color to the tasty morsels, making them a great addition to potlucks, party platters, and school lunchboxes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
Place butter, brown sugar, and milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, remove from heat and immediately stir in butterscotch chips, vanilla, and oats with a mixing spoon. Fold in 4 tablespoons of rainbow sprinkles quickly. Drop tablespoons of batter onto a piece of parchment. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Allow to cool and harden before serving.
- Serving Size: 2