This creamy and delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip is perfect as a game day appetizer. Shredded chicken is layered with tangy, spicy seasoning and a creamy, cheesy sauce for the ultimate dip. Baked until bubbly, this flavorful Buffalo chicken dip will disappear quickly!
We’ve taken the addictive flavors from your favorite Buffalo wings and turned them into an irresistible dip. Grab your GoodCook® Ceramic Oven-To-Table Baking Dish and get started on this mouthwatering dip!
How to Shred Cooked Chicken
Rotisserie chicken works really well in this recipe and is super convenient.
- With two forks- hold one fork in each of your hands and pull the meat apart with the fork tongs.
- With your hands- cool the chicken, grasp a piece with the forefingers and thumbs of each hand and use your fingers to shred it.
- With a stand mixer- using the paddle attachment, mix on low speed until the chicken pieces are shredded to the desired size. It takes less than a minute to shred one meal’s worth of chicken.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large GoodCook® Mixing Bowl, mix the chicken, hot sauce, sour cream, ranch seasoning, and half of the shredded cheese. Slice the green onions into ¼” pieces.
- Transfer the mixture to a GoodCook® oven-to-table ceramic dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 18-22 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with sliced green onions.
- Serve with celery sticks, sliced carrots, or chips.
- For an extra kick, add one sliced jalapeno before serving.
Tips to make the best dip
- Start with softened cream cheese. Take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. To soften cream cheese quickly, microwave it for about 15 seconds on high.
- Use store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- If you don’t have an oven-proof ceramic dish, use a GoodCook® Cast Iron Skillet.
- Adjust the spice level to your liking. Add more or less Buffalo hot sauce depending on your comfort level with heat.
- Add blue cheese crumbles to the top for an extra tangy, cheesy treat!
What to Serve with Buffalo Dip
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Red bell pepper strips
- Sliced cucumbers
- Crusty bread
- Tortilla chips
- Potato chips
How long does Buffalo Chicken dip last in the fridge?
Store the dip in an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid. Depending on the freshness of your ingredients, the dip will be good for 3-5 days in the fridge.
With the GoodCook® line of cookware and kitchen accessories, it’s easy to whip up this delicious dip. You’ll need a GoodCook® Ceramic Baking Dish for best results. We love that you can bake the dip and serve it right in the same dish. Are you ready to start making this irresistible appetizer?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom.
March Madness Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 10 ounces chicken, canned or pre-shredded
- 1 container(16oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet ( 1/2 ounce) Ranch seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onion, Sliced
- 1 jalapeno, Sliced (optional)
Step 1 – Heat oven to 350F.
Step 2 –In a large bowl, mix your chicken, hot sauce, sour cream, ranch seasoning, and half the shredded cheese. Slice green onion to ¼” pieces.
Step 3 – Transfer mixture into oven to table ceramic dish. Top with remaining cheese.
Step 4 – Place into oven and cook 18-22, until cheese is melted.
Step 5—Remove from oven and top with sliced green onion.
Serve with celery, sliced carrots, or chips.
For an extra kick, add one sliced jalapeño before serving.