This bright, crunchy Layered Spring Salad is perfect for Sunday brunch, a bridal shower or Easter dinner. It features crisp lettuce, chopped bacon, hard-boiled eggs, strawberries, green apples, peas and green onions tossed with a creamy dressing. Served in a large glass trifle bowl, this Layered Spring Salad is a definite crowd-pleaser.
A delicious take on the classic seven-layer salad, this recipe has some tasty add-ins that make it perfect for spring. Sweet strawberries, tangy apples, and irresistible savory flavors come together in this centerpiece-worthy salad.
This layered salad is infused with zesty lemon juice and zest, a sure sign of spring. GoodCook has the perfect kitchen tool for squeezing every last drop out of a bunch of lemons. The GoodCook Lemon Squeezer extracts juice from lemons, limes, and more, and features a comfortable grip for twisting.
When it comes to salad prep, leave the slicing and dicing to a GoodCook Paring Knife. It has a non-stick stainless steel blade that cuts through apples, strawberries, hard-boiled eggs and more.
Here are all the steps you’ll need to get this tasty, flavorful salad prepped and assembled for guests:
- Buy pre-boiled eggs in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- Look for pre-cooked bacon in the deli section of your grocery store.
- Cook the pasta a day or two ahead and store it in the fridge until ready to use.
To Assemble The Salad
- Place cooked pasta in the bottom of a glass trifle dish.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, parmesan cheese and lemon juice and zest in a GoodCook Mixing Bowl.
- Spoon the dressing on top of the pasta.
- Toss the apples in lemon juice and layer on top of the dressing.
- For the next step, layer on the strawberries, romaine lettuce, peas and bacon.
- Top with halved hard-boiled eggs and sprinkle with green onions.
Get this delicious layered salad on the table with the GoodCook line of cookware, bakeware, and kitchen accessories. Vibrant strawberries, crispy lettuce, salty bacon and tart apples come together with an irresistible mayo-based dressing, perfect for serving to guests. Are you ready to assemble this stunning salad?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Layered Spring Salad
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 green apples, wedged and diced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 cups chopped romaine
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups diced bacon
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
Place pasta in the bottom of a large glass trifle bowl.
In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, parmesan cheese, and lemon. Spoon atop pasta.
Toss apples with lemon juice, then layer on top of dressing.
Layer strawberries, romaine, peas and bacon. Top with eggs, garnish with green onions.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24-hours, until ready to serve.
To serve, use a large spoon to scoop all the way down to the bottom, to get all layers.