Swap out your lackluster drip machine coffee for a rich, robust cup of pour-over coffee. Follow the simple steps below and in just 3 minutes you’ll have a delicious, steaming mug of pour over coffee to start your day. Our perfect pour over delivers a bold and tasty brew every time.
If you’re longing for the strong, nuanced flavors of pour-over coffee but don’t want to spend all morning dialing it in, the GoodCook® Koffē auto-drip pour over does the work for you. It’s a superior design over other pour-overs, delivering a bolder brew without the fuss. Your Coffee. Your Day. Your Way.
What is pour over coffee? Hot water is hand poured through coffee grounds in a filter. The water drains through the coffee and the filter, straight into your mug. For the coffee purist, pour over coffee highlights subtle flavors that you may not have otherwise noticed as compared to other brewing methods.
The GoodCook® Koffē auto-drip pour over features an auto-drip tank with a precise hole pattern that evenly distributes the water for optimal flavor extraction. You can make up to 16 ounces of coffee in just three minutes, and you won’t have to worry about over- or under-extraction. Instead of watching your cup brew, you can spend 3 minutes making breakfast or emptying the dishwasher, but you still have the option to do a controlled pour on your own.
Here are the steps you’ll need to start sipping on the perfect pour over brew:
How to make the perfect pour over
- Place your pour over on your favorite mug.
- Place a standard #2 filter in the pour over and rinse it with hot water.
- Grind the coffee beans fresh, right before you brew. Use a burr coffee grinder to grind the coffee beans to a medium-course grind.
- Place the ground coffee in the filter.
- The suggested ratio of coffee to water is 1:17. That translates to 2 Tbsp of ground coffee for 8oz of hot water.
- Perfect your pour – start with a small “Bloom Pour”. Saturate the coffee grounds with hot water, wait 30 seconds, then pour the hot water in slow spirals. Measurement markings on the GoodCook® Koffē auto-drip pour over help prevent overflow.
Tips for making a perfect cup of pour over coffee
- Use filtered water – water from the tap can contain minerals and contaminants that affect the flavor.
- Your hot water should be around 195°F – 205°F, which is slightly lower than boiling.
- Rinse your filter before brewing. An un-rinsed filter will produce coffee that tastes
- like paper.
With the GoodCook® line of cookware and kitchen accessories, make a steaming mug of strong coffee in the comfort of your own home. The GoodCook® Koffē Auto-Drip Pour Over features a unique auto drip tank that distributes and controls water as it brews, for perfectly timed pour-overs. You can use it with or without auto drip, and the pour over dripper fits most standard mugs. The GoodCook® Koffē Auto-Drip pour over is inscribed measurement markings so you’ll know exactly how much to pour to prevent overflow, and it uses standard #2 filters.With the GoodCook® Koffē Auto-Drip Pour Over you’ll get precise pour overs every time–timed to complete brewing in 3 minutes for perfect coffee extraction. Your Coffee. Your Day. Your Way.
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom