Enjoy Happy Hour with a pour over coffee cocktail the old-fashioned way. It’s the best way to indulge your craving for smooth, complex liquor and robust coffee in a single drink. Whether you need new happy hour favorite or crave a tasty twist on your usual drink, this pour over coffee cocktail is perfect!
When iced coffee and an old-fashioned cocktail come together, you get the best of both worlds. It’s easy to make a pour over coffee cocktail with the GoodCook® Koffē Auto-Drip Pour Over. It features an auto-drip tank with a precise hole pattern that evenly distributes the water for optimal flavor extraction. You can make up to 16 ounces of coffee in just three minutes, and you won’t have to worry about over- or under-extraction. Instead of watching your cup brew, you can spend 3 minutes making breakfast or emptying the dishwasher, but you still have the option to do a controlled pour on your own.
What’s an Old-Fashioned Cocktail?
An old-fashioned is a classic bourbon cocktail featuring bourbon, triple sec and angostura bitters. Originally from Kentucky, this cocktail can be blended with bourbon, rye, or a blended whiskey.
Here are the steps you’ll need to start sipping on the perfect pour over cocktail:
How to make the perfect pour over coffee cocktail
1. Set your pour over on your favorite cocktail glass.
2. Use a standard #2 filter in the pour over and rinse it with hot water, then discard the water.
3. Grind the coffee beans fresh, right before you brew. Use a burr coffee grinder to grind the coffee beans to a medium-coarse grind.
4. Place 2 Tablespoons ground coffee in the filter.
5. Fill a mason jar with ice and add 1 Tbsp triple sec, 2 oz bourbon and 2 dashes angostura bitters, stirring to combine.
6. Pour the cocktail over the coffee grounds and garnish with orange peel and a cherry.
Tips for making a perfect pour over coffee cocktail
- Use fresh ground coffee beans.
- Rinse your filter before brewing. An un-rinsed filter will produce coffee that tastes like paper.
- Try this method with other cocktails besides an Old-fashioned!
Other Coffee Cocktail combinations to try:
- White Russian coffee – vodka,Kahlúa, cream and coffee
- Black Russian coffee – vodka, Kahlúa and coffee
- Irish coffee – vhiskey and coffee
- Mudslide – vodka, Kahlúa, Irish cream liqueur and coffee
- Espresso Martini– vodka, Kahlúa and espresso
- Amaretto – Amaretto and coffee
With the GoodCook® line of cookware and kitchen accessories, make a delicious pour over coffee cocktail in the comfort of your own home. The GoodCook® Koffē Auto-Drip Pour Over features a unique auto drip tank that distributes and controls water as it brews, for perfectly timed pour-overs. You can use it with or without auto drip, and the pour over dripper fits most standard mugs. The GoodCook® Koffē Auto-Drip Pour Over is inscribed measurement markings so you’ll know exactly how much to pour to prevent overflow, and it uses standard #2 filters. With the GoodCook® Koffē Auto-Drip Pour Over you’ll get precise pour overs every time–timed to complete brewing in 3 minutes for perfect coffee extraction. Your Coffee. Your Day. Your Way.
Sip and Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
- 1 Tbsp triple sec
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 Tbsp fresh ground coffee bean
Place your pour over on your favorite cocktail glass.
Place a standard #2 filter in the pour over and rinse it with hot water, then discard the water.
Grind the coffee beans fresh, right before you brew. Use a burr coffee grinder to grind the coffee beans to a medium-coarse grind.
Place 2 Tablespoons ground coffee in the filter.
Fill a mason jar with ice and add 1 Tbsp triple sec, 2 oz bourbon and 2 dashes angostura bitters, stirring to combine.
Pour the cocktail over the coffee grounds and garnish with orange peel and a cherry.