Looking for a great way to serve up grilled chicken? Try tossing it in this tasty, summer salad. Full of all the freshest Farmer’s Market flavors, this simple dish is hearty enough to make a proper dinner, but light enough to be enjoyed on a hot summer evening. Keep the oven off tonight and give this quick salad a try!
To prep the grilled chicken, we prefer to simple salt and pepper before tossing on a hot grill. When grilling the corn, brush lightly with olive oil to ensure a nice grilled charring. A light sprinkling of sea salt will bring out the natural flavors of sweet corn, as well.
Check out how easy it is to make this stunning salad:
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Rainbow Fruit Salad. Add even more fruit! This salad tastes delicious with strawberries, mango, pineapple, kiwi and blackberries, too. Or try them all together!
- Make It with Steak. Instead of chicken, top with grilled steak strips. Swap out the blueberries for cherry tomatoes or diced red peppers.
- Try it With Salmon. Top with grilled salmon. Add a 1/2″ piece of fresh ginger to the vinaigrette for added flavor kick.
Get the Tools
Grill like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the GoodCook Cast Iron Corn Grilling Basket with Handle and Good Cook BBQ Tongs? You can find these great tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Grilled Chicken, Blueberry and Corn Summer Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 3 limes, juiced and zested
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp light olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 2 cobs grilled corn, kernels cut from cob
For the Dressing: In a blender or mini food processor, combine lime juice and zest, honey, olive oil, garlic and cilantro. Blend until puree’d. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
For the Salad: Fill a large bowl with mixed greens. Top with chicken, feta, blueberries and corn. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
*Prep Tip: Grill chicken and corn up to 1 day in advance, if desired.