Warm up with a cozy bowl of hearty big batch vegetable soup. Packed with healthy vegetables, two kinds of beans and rigatoni pasta in a flavorful tomato-based broth. Ditch the canned soup and make a big batch of freezer-friendly vegetable soup.
Get ready for leftovers when you cook up this delicious, loaded vegetable soup. What’s not to love about a comforting, nutritious soup made all in one pot, with plenty of leftovers for lunch, dinner or to freeze for later. The GoodCook 8 Qt. Stainless Steel Stock Pot is the perfect pot for making this tasty soup. Made with durable stainless steel and featuring deep sides and a tempered glass lid.
This recipe comes together quickly and easily, with minimal prep time and easy clean up. The soup simmers for over an hour as the flavors get better and better with time. Follow the steps below to make this tasty big batch soup:
Steps to make big batch vegetable soup
- In GoodCook 8 Qt. Stainless Steel Stock Pot on medium heat, add carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, garlic, parsley, paprika, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, until vegetables and beans are tender. You can add more broth or water depending on desired thickness.
- Add pasta and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until pasta is cooked.
- Serve immediately or keep on warm until ready to serve.
What to serve with this soup
Crusty bread, croutons and a big salad
For Extra Flavor
- Fresh or dried basil, thyme, oregano or marjoram
- Red pepper flakes for a spicy kick
- Add a parmesan rind as the soup simmers
These veggies work too
- White potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
- Zucchini or yellow squash
- Kale, Swiss chard, or spinach
- Bell peppers
How to store & freeze vegetable soup
- Pack vegetable soup in airtight food storage containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To freeze, make the soup without the pasta, let the soup cool completely and transfer it to resealable freezer bags or airtight food storage containers. The soup can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- To reheat the soup, thaw it in the fridge overnight and heat it on the stovetop. Heat the soup on the stovetop and add the pasta once the soup is heated thoroughly. Prepare the pasta using instructions on the package and add to the hot soup.
With the GoodCook line of cookware and kitchen accessories, you’ll have enough comforting soup for dinner, leftovers, and plenty to freeze for later. The GoodCook 8 Qt. Stainless Steel Stock Pot is perfect for making a big batch of hearty soup. With a stainless steel base and a tempered glass lid, this roomy pot is perfect for simmering a large amount of soup. Are you ready to cook up a batch of healthy and hearty one pot soup?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Big Batch Veggie Soup
- 4 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 (14 oz) canned, diced tomatoes
- 2 cans red kidney beans, NOT drained
- 2 cans white beans, NOT drained
- 2 cups chopped green beans, fresh or frozen
- 10 cups low sodium vegetable or beef broth
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp salt (more if needed to taste)
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
In 8 qt stockpot on medium heat add carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, garlic, parsley, paprika, and pepper and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 1hour, until vegetables and beans are tender. You can add more broth or water depending on desired thickness. Add pasta and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until pasta is cooked. Serve immediately or keep on warm until ready to serve.