With juicy shrimp and a flavorful buttery garlic sauce, this shrimp stir-fry is perfect for a quick and healthy dinner. Plump, succulent shrimp are stir-fried with peppers, cherry tomatoes and red onions for a meal that’s ready in just 15 minutes. Loaded with protein and fresh vegetables, this tasty shrimp stir-fry comes together quickly and easily for a family-friendly dinner.
Simple, healthy and easy-to-make, this stir-fry is a delightful meal that you’ll make again and again. This recipe calls for a quick sear of the shrimp in a GoodCook® Sauté Pan, followed by a simmer in an irresistible garlicky butter sauce. The GoodCook® Sauté Pan is guaranteed to cook your shrimp perfectly without any food sticking to the bottom of the pan. It features a flame guard bakelite handle and an easy clean nonstick interior – we love pans that are easy to clean!
Tips for Buying Shrimp
- Buy shrimp in the frozen section of your grocery store or at the seafood counter.
- If you buy from the seafood counter, look for raw shrimp that is deveined and already peeled (with tails on or off – your choice).
- For frozen shrimp, look for frozen jumbo shrimp that is peeled and deveined. About 30 minutes before you plan to cook, place the frozen shrimp in a colander and run the shrimp under cold water to quickly defrost.
Remove the tails or not?
That’s a personal preference – leaving the tails on adds more flavor and the shrimp doesn’t curl up as much, but some prefer to ease of eating shrimp with the tail already removed.
Follow the steps below to get perfectly cooked shrimp and a healthy and delicious stir-fry:
Steps to make one pan shrimp stir-fry
- In a GoodCook® mixing bowl, add the shrimp, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and about 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Place a GoodCook® Everyday Stir Fry 11” Pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil and then add the shrimp in a single layer, letting the shrimp cook undisturbed for a minute. Flip the shrimp and cook the other side until shrimp is colored and almost cooked through. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- To the same pan, add a little more olive oil and sauté the onion, green pepper, and tomatoes. Stir frequently for a few minutes, and add ¾ teaspoon of salt and some pepper to taste.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan. Add the garlic, stirring until fragrant.
Add the butter and mix until melted. Once everything is cooked through, pour lemon juice over the top. Give the stir-fry a quick toss and transfer to the serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve immediately.
Get this healthy and delicious stir-fry on the table quickly with the GoodCook® line of cookware and kitchen accessories. The GoodCook® Sauté Pan is perfect for cooking up this tasty stir-fry. With a non-stick interior and a bakelite handle, this pan is a dream for cooking up a batch of shrimp. Are you ready to get started on this quick and healthy stir-fry?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcookcom #goodcooking.
One Pan Shrimp Stir-fry
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped roughly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Finely chopped parsley, optional
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
In a mixing bowl, add shrimps, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and about 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Place pan over medium-medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add oil and then add shrimp in one layer and let them cook undisturbed for a minute. Flip and cook the other side until shrimp is colored and almost cooked through. Transfer shrimps to a plate.
To the same pan, add a little more olive oil and saute the onion, green pepper, and tomatoes. Saute, stirring frequently for a couple of minutes, and add ¾ teaspoon of salt and some pepper to taste.
Add shrimps back to the pan, and add the garlic. Mix until garlic is fragrant. Add butter and mix until melted. Once everything is cooked through, pour lemon juice over the top. Give everything a quick toss and transfer to the serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve immediately.