Wake up your taste buds with an irresistible Brown Sugar Bacon and French Toast breakfast. Sweet, fluffy French toast is paired with strips of flavorful, smoky brown sugar bacon for the tastiest breakfast around. Start your day with this delicious and easy Brown sugar bacon and French toast.
Revolutionize your breakfast with the GoodCook® Everyday Double Burner Griddle Hero. This griddle does double duty for easy flipping and easy cleaning, featuring an extra-large cook space and a non-stick surface – you’ll have perfect French toast, pancakes, bacon and sausage every time. For this recipe, you can cook the bacon and French toast all at once, and the non-stick surface is so easy to clean!
To get started on this bacon-lovers breakfast, you’ll need a GoodCook® Mixing Bowl for prep, a GoodCook® Classic Pancake Turner Spatula for flipping the French toast and a pair of GoodCook® Stainless Steel tongs for turning the bacon.
Here are the steps to get this delicious breakfast on the table as your coffee brews:
Steps to make brown sugar bacon
- Heat the GoodCook® Everyday Double Burner Griddle Hero griddle to medium-medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium GoodCook® Mixing Bowl, combine the sugar, mustard, and chili powder, and sprinkle evenly over the bacon.
- Lay the bacon flat on the griddle and cook for 10 minutes, flipping bacon halfway through and then cooking again until bacon is golden brown and reaches the desired degree of doneness. While the bacon is cooking, prep the French toast.
- Carefully remove the bacon to a cooling rack and let it cool for 5 minutes; the bacon will continue to crisp as it cools. Serve warm.
Tips for cooking bacon perfectly every time
- When the bacon starts to buckle and curl, use the GoodCook® Stainless Steel Tongs to loosen the edges of the strips from the griddle.
- You may need to turn and flip the bacon more than once so that it browns evenly.
- Take into account that bacon will continue to cook a little after it comes off the griddle.
- Put the cooked bacon on a cooling rack to drain excess grease. Alternatively, place a paper towel on a plate and put the cooked bacon on the paper towel to absorb excess grease.
- This recipe is for 2-4 servings, but you can easily double or triple the recipe for a large family. In that case, cook all of the bacon at once on the griddle, then cook the French toast afterward.
Steps to cook the French toast
- In a low, wide bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the griddle and let it melt.
- Dunk the bread slices in the French toast batter, coating the bread evenly on both sides.
- Place the bread on the hot griddle and cook until golden, about three minutes.
- Flip the French toast with a GoodCook® Classic Pancake Turner Spatula and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve the French toast with syrup and a side of brown sugar bacon.
Tips for tasty French toast
- Use dry bread or stale bread – it won’t get soggy and fall apart.
- Slightly thicker slices of bread will hold together better.
Get a tasty breakfast on the table with the GoodCook® line of cookware and kitchen accessories. For this ultimate breakfast recipe, start with a GoodCook® Mixing Bowl, a GoodCook® Classic Pancake Turner Spatula and a pair of GoodCook® Stainless Steel tongs. Cook it all up in a GoodCook® Everyday Double Burner Griddle Hero, featuring a non-stick surface for easy flipping and cleaning. Are you ready to make this extra-flavorful morning treat?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcookcom #goodcooking
Brown Sugar Bacon & French Toast
Brown sugar bacon and French toast is a delicious and easy breakfast packed with flavors you’ll love.
For the Bacon
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
For the French Toast
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Syrup, warmed
For the bacon:
Heat griddle to medium-medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, mustard, and chili powder. Sprinkle over bacon.
Lay bacon flat on the griddle and cook for 10 minutes, flipping bacon halfway through and then cooking again until bacon is golden brown and reaches desired degree of doneness. While bacon is cooking you can start prepping the french toast. Carefully remove bacon to a cooling grip and let cool for 5 minutes; bacon will continue to crisp as it cools. Serve warm.
For the French Toast:
In a low, wide bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Once the bacon is cooked and removed you can wipe down the griddle with a paper towel. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the griddle and let it melt. Dunk the bread slices in the French toast batter covering both sides. Place the on the heated surface and cook until golden, about three minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side.
Serve with syrup and a side of bacon.