This easy Banana Cream Pie is irresistibly light and creamy and comes together in minutes. It’s a shortcut version of your favorite southern banana cream pie, and it’s just as delicious. Perfect any night of the week, it’s a dessert the whole family will love.
With a thick layer of vanilla pudding, light and airy whipped cream and ripe slices of banana, this easy banana cream pie is a dream dessert. The recipe requires no standing at the stove and stirring – the secret is instant vanilla pudding and store-bought crust.
The pie starts by blind baking the pie crust, then filling it with creamy vanilla pudding and slices of ripe banana. After the pie sets, it’s as easy as topping it with whipped cream and serving. You can’t go wrong with this 5-ingredient pie!
Steps To Make This Easy Banana Cream Pie
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Make the piecrust as directed for one 9-inch shell using the GoodCook® oven to table pie dish.
- In a mixing bowl, prepare the vanilla pudding according to the directions on the box.
- Slice the bananas and mix into the vanilla pudding.
- When the pie crust has cooled, transfer the pudding mixture into the pie shell.
- Top with whipped cream and place in the refrigerator. Chill for up to three hours before serving.
Want to make the pie look sophisticated and fancy?
- Add chocolate shavings or toasted coconut to the top! To make chocolate shavings, start with a bar of chocolate at room temperature and a GoodCook® vegetable peeler. Slide the vegetable peeler over the flat side of the chocolate to create chocolate shavings.
- For toasted coconut, add 1/3 cup of flaked coconut to a dry GoodCook® skillet. Place the skillet over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until the coconut is browned. Cool the coconut before sprinkling on the pie.
Can banana cream pie be made ahead of time?
Yes – in order to set, banana cream pie needs to chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Trust us that this pie is just as delicious when served the next day. Simply assemble the banana cream pie according to the recipe and place in the fridge overnight. When ready to serve, top with fresh bananas and whipped cream.
How long does extra banana cream pie last?
It’s hard to believe there will be leftovers, but if there are, banana cream pie will keep in the fridge for about 3-4 days. Cover the pie loosely with plastic wrap or foil and store in the fridge.
Dessert just got sweeter with the GoodCook® line of bakeware and kitchen accessories. Start this recipe with a GoodCook® Mixing Bowl and a GoodCook® Mixing Spoon. Assemble the pie in a GoodCook® Ceramic Pie Plate, which has an oven to table design that we love. Are you ready to make an easy banana cream pie?
Bake & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @GoodCook.com #GoodCookcom
Easy Banana Cream Pie
- 2 packets instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups whole milk
- 5 bananas
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups whipped topping
- chocolate shavings (optional garnish)
Step 1 – Preheat Oven to 450F. Make the piecrust as directed for one 9-inch shell using oven to table pie dish.
Step 2 –In a mixing bowl, prepare your vanilla pudding according to the directions on the box.
Step 3 – Slice bananas and mix into vanilla pudding.
Step 4 – Once your pie crust has cooled transfer your pudding mixture into pie shell.
Step 5—Top with whipped cream and place into the refrigerator and allow to chill for up to three hours.