Posted by Goodcook.comhttps://www.goodcook.com/crispy-potato-skins/
© 2021 GoodCook. All rights reserved.
Crispy Potato Skins
Russet potatoes, small to medium in size, about 3 lbs.
bacon, sliced to 1/4”
oz. shredded cheddar, sharp or medium sharp cheese
cup sour cream
green onions, thinly sliced
Extra-virgin olive oil, any oil will work fine
Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Scrub your potatoes under running water to remove excess dirt.
- Using a fork lightly stab your potatoes all around.
- Rub your potatoes in the Olive oil and bake for about an hour. They should be cooked through and give a little when pressure is applied.
- While your potatoes are baking, cook your bacon in a pan until crispy.
- Once the potatoes are done, allow them to cool enough so they can be handled.
- Cut potatoes horizontally and scoop out the inside. Leave about a quarter of potato on the skin.
- Set your oven to broil.
- Brush your potato skins with more olive oil inside and out. Sprinkle seasoned salt on the skin and inside and place on your crisper.
- Cook for 10 minutes then turn over and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes with oven. With the skin side down, sprinkle pepper, bacon, and cheese on the inside.
- Return to the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until your cheese is melted.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle chives onto the sour cream.