Bake up a batch of crunchy, sweet apple chips for a healthy, budget-friendly snack. Sweet, crisp sliced apples are soaked in sugary lemon water and baked in the oven at low heat until crispy and crunchy. In just a few hours you’ll have an irresistibly delicious snack that the whole family will love.
When it’s time to snack, reach for homemade apple chips to satisfy both sweet and crunchy cravings. This kid-pleasing snack is so simple and easy to make! You don’t need to run out and buy an expensive, space-hogging dehydrator to make apple chips. This recipe is made right in the oven.
We start with a mix of tart Granny Smith and sweet Honeycrisp apples, or any other variety if that’s what you’ve got. Slice the apples thinly with a sharp GoodCook Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife and soak the slices in sugared lemon water.
The secret to crispy apple chips is baking them up on a GoodCook Crispy Baking Set. It features a non-stick pan with an oven-safe wire rack that fits perfectly inside the rim of the pan. We bake the slices low and slow so they don’t burn. Your house will smell amazing as the apples bake, releasing a cozy aroma that feels like fall.
Although making apple chips at home is not a quick process, it is SO simple and easy! Follow the steps below to make your own delicious apple chips!
How to make sweet apple chips
- Heat the oven to 225°F.
- In a medium GoodCook bowl, whisk together the water, lemon juice and sugar.
- Slice the apples into 1/4″ thick slices and soak them the lemon sugar water for 5-15 minutes.
- Transfer the apple slices to a GoodCook Crispy Baking Set, and spray each side of each apple slice with a thin layer of coconut oil spray.
- Bake for 2 1/2-3 hours, until slices reach the desired texture.
- Note: the apple slices won’t feel crispy until they cool.
Apple Chip Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- Aim for thinly sliced apples. If you slice more than ¼ inch thick, they won’t be as crisp.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon for extra delicious fall flavor.
- If you don’t have Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples, any other variety will do! Experiment and find a favorite!
- Cooking time varies depending on the moisture content of the apples you use.
- Store baked apple chips in an airtight container or resealable freezer bag at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Add apple chips to trail mix, top yogurt and granola with apple chips, add to oatmeal, or cereal toss in your muffin mix, or enjoy as is.
With a GoodCook Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife and the GoodCook Crispy Baking Set, you’ll have a batch of delicious and addictive apple chips that are perfect for snacktime. Are you ready to bake up these irresistible apple chips?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Heat oven 225°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together water, lemon juice and sugar. Slice apples into 1/4" thick slices, soak in lemon solution for 5-15 mins. Transfer to GoodCook Crispy Baking Sheet, spray each side with a thin layer of coconut oil spray. Bake for 2 1/2-3 hours, until slices reach the desired texture. Note: they won't feel crispy until they cool.
Sweet Apple Chips
Heat oven 225°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together water, lemon juice and sugar. Slice apples into 1/4" thick slices, soak in lemon solution for 5-15 mins.
Transfer to GoodCook Crispy Baking Sheet, spray each side with a thin layer of coconut oil spray.
Bake for 2 1/2-3 hours, until slices reach the desired texture.
Note: they won't feel crispy until they cool.