Looking for a not-so-scary way to celebrate Halloween, enjoy the tastiest homemade cupcakes ever, and get a little creeptastic? This funtastic recipe for Creepy Cupcakes is easy, adorably spooky, and totally delicious. Try making it for your next party!Serves: 18 cupcakes
- 1 stick Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Bakers ultrafine sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Whippy frosting
- 2 sticks Butter, softened
- 1 (32 oz) bag Powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 3-6 tbsp Milk
- Purple and green neon food coloring
- Candy decor eyes
Preparing the cupcakes
1) Tools needed: Good Cook Nonstick Muffin Pan, 24 cup and Good Cook Cupcake Wrappers
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake wrappers. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter, eggs, and sugar. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until combine.
4) Whisk together the milk and vinegar. Add to batter and mix into batter until well mixed. Spoon batter into cupcake-wrapper lined muffin cups.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 17-19 minutes or just until the center of the cupcakes spring back when touched lightly. Cool completely before frosting.
Preparing the frosting
1) Tools needed: Good Cook Decorating Bag
2) In a large bowl, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of the milk until light and fluffy. Add more milk, if needed to make the frosting spreadable.
3) Split frosting into two equal portions, tint one neon green and the other neon purple. Transfer each color into large decorating bags and pipe frosting into swirls or large starburst shapes.
4) Press candy eyes into frosting. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe created by Cheekykitchen exclusively for Good Cook