Crispy, sweet and salty, these Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potatoes will keep you coming back for more. Bite-sized sweet potato cubes are wrapped in smoky bacon and baked on a GoodCook Crispy Baking Set until sizzling and crispy. Served with a spicy mayo, these little bacon-wrapped bites an irresistible treat!
With these flavor-packed bites, we’re giving you just one more reason to love bacon. And they’re SO easy to make. This recipe calls for microwaving the sweet potatoes first to get them tender. A GoodCook Paring Knife is perfect for peeling off the skin and cutting these sweet and vibrant beauties into cubes. Wrap each cube with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Next, spray the wire rack of a GoodCook Crispy Baking Set with baking spray and place the bacon-wrapped cubes on the rack. Bake until the bacon is crispy. It’s that simple!
With a crispy exterior and melt-in-your-mouth interior, these bacon-wrapped sweet potatoes are so quick and easy to make and packed with delicious sweet and savory flavor. Follow the steps below to make these delectable bites:
How to make bacon-wrapped sweet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Microwave the sweet potatoes for 8 minutes. Cool. Remove the peel with a GoodCook Paring knife and slice the sweet potato into cubes. Discard the peels.
- Wrap each sweet potato cube with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Spray the GoodCook rack with nonstick spray.
- Drizzle each sweet potato cube with maple syrup, then place on the prepared GoodCook sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.
How to make the sauce
- In a small GoodCook bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Sriracha. Serve as a dipping sauce with the bacon-wrapped sweet potato bites.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- Line the GoodCook Crispy Baking Set with heavy duty aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Go cheesy and add Gouda to your bites! Bake the bites as instructed and remove them from the oven. Thread a cube of Gouda cheese through the top of each toothpick and place back in the oven for another 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Swap out the bacon for prosciutto. Prosciutto usually comes in long, thin strips, so you won’t need to secure it with a toothpick. Wrap the prosciutto around the sweet potato bites and bake. While baking, combine ¼ cup maple syrup and ¼ cup balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. After 20 minutes of baking, remove the GoodCook Crispy Baking Set and brush the prosciutto-wrapped sweet potatoes with the syrup (reserve 1 tablespoon). Bake for another 10 minutes. Remove the pan and drizzle the bites with reserved syrup and serve immediately.
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 2
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Nonstick spray
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Microwave sweet potatoes for 8 mins. Cool. Remove peel with a knife, slice into cubes. Discard peels.
Wrap each sweet potato cube with bacon, secure with a toothpick.
Spray rack with nonstick spray. Drizzle each sweet potato cube in maple syrup, then place on prepared sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and Sriracha. Serve as a dipping sauce with bacon-wrapped sweet potatoes.