We’ve taken a whole new approach to pasta salad, swapping out Italian flavors for a fusion of sweet and savory Asian elements. Shredded cabbage, carrots, and edamame are nestled among strands of perfectly cooked spaghetti, then coated in a scrumptious sesame orange dressing. You’ll have oodles of fork-twirling goodness for a packable lunch or light dinner. We dare you to change up your pasta routine!
Our favorite place for one-stop shopping is Kroger, where you’ll find everything you need for this amazing recipe. From orange poppy dressing to spaghetti, Private Selection™ is a brand we trust, and you’ll only find it at Kroger. Know what else they carry? A whole aisle of exclusive Good Cook PRO kitchen tools for the finest in cooking and baking. So grab what you need and get cooking!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Add Protein. Make it hearty by adding cooked chicken, cubed tofu, or shrimp.
- Make it Even Healthier. This is one healthy pasta dish, but adding steamed broccoli, cooked asparagus, snap peas, or shredded kale will up the health factor even more!
- Give it a Mexican Twist. Omit the sesame oil and swap out the Orange Poppy Dressing for Private Selection™ Fire Roasted Poblano Ranch. Replace the cucumber and edamame with a sliced red bell pepper for a tasty south-of-the-border salad.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like a Good Cook Salad Dressing Shaker, the Good Cook Salad Spinner, and Good Cook Locking Tongs? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Asian Spaghetti Salad
Pasta salad gets a delicious twist with sweet and savory Asian flavors. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 1 package Private Selection™ Spaghetti
- 1 head purple cabbage, finely sliced or shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup Private Selection™ frozen Mukimame (shelled edamame)
- 1 (12 oz) bottle Private Selection™ Orange Poppy Dressing
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Chopped cilantro or diced green onion (for garnish)
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, strain under cold water until pasta comes to room temperature. With the Good Cook Salad Spinner, clean and dry cabbage. In a large bowl, toss together spaghetti, cabbage, carrots, cucumber and mukimame. In a Good Cook Salad Dressing Shaker, combine dressing with sesame oil. Drizzle over salad. Toss until coated. Garnish with cilantro and/or green onion.