Asparagus is a mainstay of spring, and you’ll start to notice asparagus dominating the produce aisle in March and April. Take advantage of this delicious vegetable while it’s in-season. This member of the Lily family has firm, bright green spears, and you can buy either thick or thin spears, depending on your liking. Asparagus works well in a variety of different savory dishes, and we’ve found 7 amazing and clever recipes that showcase this wonderful spring vegetable.
1. Shrimp & Asparagus Stirfry
This simple shrimp and asparagus stir-fry is incredibly tasty. White wine, lemon juice, and chopped garlic give this dish tons of flavor. Serve with rice for a light dinner or pack in a travel container for lunch. Find the recipe on KITCHME.
2. Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
There are so many things to love about these baked parmesan asparagus fries. They have a crispy, cheesy coating, and they’re oven-baked for a healthier option than greasy French fries. Learn how to make these delicious fries on KITCHME.
3. Spring Party Dip
Chopped asparagus is combined with sauteed leeks, parmesan cheese, garlic, mayo, and cream cheese for a spring party dip that will be devoured by your guests. There’s no reason not to make this asparagus leek dip for your next gathering! Head to SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN for this delicious recipe.
4. Cream of Asparagus Soup
This cream of asparagus soup is so easy to make and absolutely delicious. Serve this soup with crusty bread and a fresh green salad for a light spring dinner. Find this lovely recipe at STINKY KITCHEN.
5. Asparagus Bacon & Shrimp Pizza
Store-bought whole wheat pizza crust makes this bacon, shrimp, and asparagus white pizza a cinch to make. Buy pre-cooked bacon and shrimp to make this delicious pizza a quick weeknight meal. Learn how to make this incredible pizza at NOW YOU’RE COOKIN’.
6. Asparagus Tarts
Little phyllo cups are filled with savory onions, asparagus, herbs, walnuts, and vegan cheese for bite-sized appetizers or snacks. You don’t have to be vegan to love these amazing caramelized onion asparagus cups! Find this yummy recipe at VEGANOSITY.
7. Asparagus Dijon Potato Salad
Asparagus adds extra flavor to this dijon potato salad. This warm potato salad with green beans and asparagus absorbs the dressing for a deliciously bold taste. Head to GREEN VALLEY KITCHEN for this simple recipe.
4 Easy Ways to Keep Asparagus Fresh
Asparagus is notoriously finicky about being stored. Here are a few quick tips on how to keep your asparagus fresher, longer. The easiest solution? Grab our Good Cook Asparagus Keeper— it’s designed specifically for asparagus, with several features that keep your bundles fresher, longer.
- Store your spears upright for easy access and longer life. Our asparagus keeper easily holds an average-size bundle, and storing them upright means they’re less likely to get pressed together and slimy.
- Snap off tough ends and pour in 1 to 2 inches cold water. The slightly elevated platform of our Keeper allows for water absorption to keep spears resilient.
- Store in BPA-Free Plastic. Our Keeper is crafted from plastic that is BPA-Free, so you can feel good about keeping your asparagus chemical-free–no matter how long you store it!
- Store spears in a low-oxygen environment. Leaving asparagus out in the air will speed up the ripening process, dry out the tips, and wilt the stems. Our Asparagus keeper features a transparent lid with asparagus-tip design.