We heart easy entertaining, and red wine sangria is an effortless way to spread good party cheer. Dressed with sliced fruit and vibrant berries, a pitcher of sangria makes an impressive display on a bar cart or side table. Get your guests mingling with this elegant yet fun self-serve cocktail. If you love to throw a good party, we guarantee this sangria will be a big hit!
Whether summer or winter, switch up the fruit and berries depending on the season. Summer sangria loves sliced oranges or limes with fresh, pitted cherries and a sprig of mint. Need a wintry cocktail? Load your sangria with blood oranges, cranberries, and fresh rosemary .
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Strawberry Fields. Swap out the cranberries or cherries for an equal amount of sliced fresh strawberries.
- Autumn splendor. Swap out the berries for 2 sweet, chopped apples. Add 4 cinnamon sticks and ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Stone Fruit. Replace the berries with 2 sliced plums, 1 sliced peach, and 1 sliced nectarine. Also add in ¼ cup peach nectar.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook Classic Winged Corkscrew, the Good Cook Citrus Squeezer, and the Good Cook Fine Edge Paring Knife? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Winter Fruit Sangria
Beautiful, stunning and so simple. This simple sangria is made with sparkling wine, fresh winter fruits and beautiful herbs. Ideal for a party, because it can be prepped ahead of time. Added bonus: looks gorgeous on any party table.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 2-3 blood oranges or navel orange
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or pomegranate arils
- 1 bottle sparkling white wine
- sprigs of fresh rosemary or mint
Slice oranges. Place in a large glass pitcher. Add cranberries and white wine.
Cover and place in fridge overnight, or for 3 hours minimum.
Garnish with rosemary or mint sprigs before serving.