Just like you, we love grilled cheese. No easy autumn dinner menu could possibly be complete without a simple grilled cheese sandwich and bowl of tomato soup. And while the classic sliced-cheddar-melted-between-bread is pretty darned delicious, we think it’s worth riffing on from time to time.
Over the years, we’ve upgraded the basic with Apple Brie Grilled Cheese, this melty Apple Butter Grilled Chicken Sandwich and even a crowd-pleasing take with Grilled Hasselback Garlic Cheese Bread. All of these versions were good. Insanely good. But none can compare to this triple-cheese, parmesan-crusted, chicken-bacon stuffed version. Of all the grilled cheese sammies you’ve ever loved, this one is worth a try. Because, if you’re anything like us, chances are, it’s about to get a sweet spot at the top of your list. Best sandwich ever? We dare say: yes.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Mac and Cheese. Have leftover mac? Stir a bit into the cream cheese and cheddar mixture, for a grilled cheese sandwich chock full of all the stuff you love.
- Cheese, Cheese and More Cheese. Switch it up a bit with any kind of shredded cheese. Provolone, white cheddar and gouda all taste great here.
- Monte Cristo. Add a slice of ham and use Swiss, instead of cheddar. Sprinkle the grilled sandwich with powdered sugar and serve with a side of strawberry jam for dipping. This over-the-top twist on the classic Monte Cristo is amazing!
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with grilled cheese essentials? You can find everything you need and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
The Ultimate Chicken Bacon Grilled Cheese
Chicken, bacon, parmesan crust, melted cheddar and cream cheese. This may just be the best sandwich you've ever eaten.
- 2 pieces sourdough bread
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 3-4 pieces cooked bacon
- 2 scallions, diced
Heat a Good Cook Cast Iron Grill Pan over medium heat. Spread butter on the top of both pieces of bread, dip butter-side-down in parmesan. Flip parmesan side down. Mix together cream cheese and cheddar, spread mixture on both pieces of bread. Top with chicken, bacon and grilled cheese. Place cream-cheese covered sides of bread together. Grill on hot grill pan, until cheese is melted. Enjoy!