A delicious twist on classic apple pie, our version has bits of toffee studded throughout to give it a scrumptious crunch. Sweet and sticky toffee paired with tart baking apples is a combo you’ll want to try, believe me. We’ve tucked all this goodness inside a pre-made crust for the quickest, easiest way to get a warm pie on your table, pronto. Add a dollop of vanilla ice cream for an amazing dessert that’s worth every bite!
This freshly baked pie is pure perfection, and it starts with your favorite apples, cored and sliced with the Good Cook Classic Apple Wedger. Once your pie is oven-ready, place the Sweet Creations Pie Crust Shield over the crust edge for a perfectly golden crust. Let your pie cool before serving, and use the Sweet Creations Pie and Ice Cream Server to serve and scoop ice cream to your guests.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Salted Caramel Apple– swap out the toffee for 1 cup of salted caramel sauce, alternating a layer of apples, then caramel sauce, repeating 3 times
- Go Dutch- leave off the top crust and sprinkle on a crumb topping. Combine ½ cup softened butter, 1 cup flour, and ¾ cup brown sugar, mixing until crumbs form. Sprinkle over pie and bake
- Almond Apple- replace the toffee bits with 1 cup candied sliced almonds, and add 1 tsp almond extract to the apple mixture
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, the Good Cook Classic Apple Wedger, the Sweet Creations Pie Trio? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Toffee Apple Pie
A perfect Apple Pie, with the addition of caramelly toffee bits tossed in before baking. Delicious when served with ice cream!
- 6 red or green apples, cored, wedged and diced (peeling optional)
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 8 oz toffee bits
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 (2-count) box prepared pie dough rounds
- 1/4 cup sparkling sugar (or coarse sugar)
- 1 egg
Heat oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl, stir together diced apples, 1/2 cup melted butter, flour, sugar, toffee bits and lemon juice.
Line a Sweet Creations Ceramic Pie Dish with one unrolled pie round. Spoon apple mixture into crust. Top with second pie round. Crimp the edges. Cut small slits around the center of the dough to vent, or cut a small heart or circle from the center of the pie with a paring knife.
Whisk together 1 Tbsp butter and 1 egg. Brush mixture atop pie crust with a basting brush. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
Bake for 55-60 minutes. If the crust begins to turn a deep golden color, cover the edges with a Sweet Creations silicone pie cover to keep the pie from burning.
For best results, allow to cool before slicing. Enjoy with big scoops of ice cream, if desired.