Let’s celebrate the wondrous pineapple! With hot temps and tropical dreams in our heads, isn’t it time we ditched classic summer eats from the 1950’s (jello salad, anyone?) and starting enjoying the bounty of fresh fruits, right from the isles? Yep! We thought so, too!
With the launch of our improved Good Cook Pineapple Slicer, which makes cutting into a fresh pineapple easier than ever, we’ve pulled together 21 wildly delicious ways to enjoy that pineapple once you’ve sliced it. Grab a fork and dig in, because you’re gonna want to eat everyone of these delicious ideas!
1. Serve it grilled on top of ice cream with a drizzle of caramel syrup for a truly delicious dessert.
3. Puree pineapple into your favorite margarita mixer. Add a single slice of jalapeno, and enjoy!
4. Grill it! It brings out all of the natural sugars and is delicious! Dolores Brister, Deals From MsDo
5. Puree pineapple, bananas, and vanilla pudding then freeze for easy Fruity Puddin’ Pops.
6. Pineapple is awesome on teriyaki kabobs! Think chicken, sweet onions, bell peppers and pineapple all marinated in teriyaki and grilled on a hot summer day – yum! Chrystal Johnson, Happy Mothering
7. Toss in your favorite curry recipe for a sweet kiss to your Indian dish!
8. I love to use pineapple with old bananas to make a hummingbird cake. Oh so delicious! Erin Slocum, For Him an My Family
9. Add it to homemade sweet and sour chicken for an authentic Chinese Take-Out dish…made at home!
10. I make pineapple salsa…it’s yummy on everything from pork to fish. Nicole Bangerter, Mom Always find out
11. Swirl fresh chopped pineapple with Pina Colada mixer and ice in your blender for a cool, Pina Colada mocktail!
12. Smoothies, baked Pineapple with toasted Coconut, Fruit Salad, Definitely grilled at this time of year..or any time of year LOL! Shari Lynne, Faith Filled Food For Moms
13. Serve it on top of fish tacos to add a bit of tropical flair to your dinner.
14. Many don’t know how to cut a pineapple properly, so I created a post that breaks the steps down and makes it so simple. Shari Lynne, Pineapple-How to Cut One Up and Pick One Out
15. Combined with cake, coconut, and cherries it makes for an excellent dessert! I have a recipe I can share. Jamie Zewe, Cake Mom
16. I love making Pineapple and Mango salsa. Carla Gonzales, Good Cook Kitchen Mama
17. Thread pineapple, onions, and shrimp onto a Good Cook skewer and get your grill on!
18. I have also seen how you can plant the top and it will actually grow into a pineapple tree.fun! Shari Lynne, Faith Filled Food For Moms
19. Freeze pineapple and toss into smoothies instead of ice for a nice, thick sipper!
20. Hollow out and use for a yummy, cream cheese Pineapple spread. Shari Lynne, Faith Filled Food For Moms
21. Toss pineapple into your favorite Strawberry and Spinach salad for a flavor pairing that is out of this world!