You don’t have to be a pro cake maker to create a bakery-style cake for your sweetheart. You won’t have to spend all day it the kitchen or fuss with layers and layers of crumbly cake, either. The Sweet Creations Valentines Day 3D Heart Shaped Cake Pan makes it easy to create a masterpiece in minutes.
A heavy duty pan, coated in easy-release nonstick, this adorable cake mold bakes a heart-shaped cake, complete with ready-to-decorate designs. We recommend using the recipe below, then making a double batch of Our Favorite Buttercream, tinting portions into pretty colors and piping on fun designs with the Sweet Creations 11-piece Decorating Kit.
Decorated a Cake for Your Sweetheart?
We’d love to see a snapshot of it! Upload a photo to Instagram and include the hashtag #sweetcreations. Can’t wait to see how this recipe looks in your kitchen!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), cut into pieces, plus more for the pans
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a Sweet Creations Heart Shaped Cake Pan with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter, eggs, sugar, and brown sugar until very smooth and creamy. Add flour, melted unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Beat until well mixed. Add buttermilk and vanilla and beat just until mixed and creamy.
- Pour cake mix into prepared pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the center of the cake springs back when touched lightly. Remove and cool completely before frosting with your favorite buttercream frosting.
- Frost with your favorite buttercream or decorator's icing.