This strawberry sundae monster shake is pure indulgence in a frosty, white chocolate dipped mason jar. Get a double delicious dose of dessert with a berry ice cream sugar cone tucked into a cool and creamy strawberry milkshake. This over-the-top monster sundae shake is the perfect way to celebrate summer!
We can thank the Australians for these outrageous, stuffed-to-the-gills “freakshakes”. Otherwise known as monster shakes, these milkshake-based treats are overflowing with sweet goodies. It’s like a drink and dessert all rolled in one.
Since strawberries are a summer favorite, this shake is based on the sweet, fresh flavor of ripe, red strawberries. We loaded on some extra goodies to make this shake an epic treat.
It’s so easy to whip up this fun and tasty monster shake. Start by melting white chocolate in the microwave in a GoodCook OvenFresh Stoneware Mixing Bowl. Dip your mason jar and sugar cone in the melted chocolate, followed by colorful sprinkles.
When you’re ready to scoop, grab a GoodCook Ice Cream Scoop and scoop berry swirl ice cream in the sugar cone, standing the cone up in the mason jar. Freeze this while you prepare the milkshake.
For the strawberry milkshake, blend vanilla ice cream, strawberry syrup, sliced strawberries and half-and-half. Transfer to the white chocolate dipped mason jar, and top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Now’s where the real fun comes in! Add on your favorite pink toppings. We love toaster tarts, cookie straws, animal cookies, pink cereal, and pink gummie bears. What would you pick?
We can’t get enough of this delicious sugary goodness! Here are all the steps you’ll need to assemble it:
How to make a strawberry sundae monster shake
- In a GoodCook OvenFresh Stoneware Mixing Bowl, melt white chocolate in 20-second bursts, stirring between, until melted.
- Dip 2 quart-sized wide-mouthed mason jar and the tops of each waffle cone into the white chocolate, place sprinkles around the edges. Allow to cool.
- Using a GoodCook Ice Cream Scoop, place a scoop of berry swirl ice cream into a sugar cone. Stand the cone up in the empty mason jar and place in freezer.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vanilla ice cream, strawberry syrup, sliced strawberries and half-and-half. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer the blended ice cream into chocolate-dipped mason jars.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkles and arrange your favorite toppings on top.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- Anything is fair game in a monster shake! Add a donut threaded on a straw, nestle on a mini cupcake, balance a salty pretzel on the side.
- Want more pink? Try the candy aisle or a specialty candy shop for inspiration.
- Drizzle more syrup on top- strawberry, fudge, salted caramel
- Try some other amazing flavors- chocolate chip, s’mores, peanut butter cup, blueberry waffle, raspberry trifle, peaches, and cream
Enjoy an epic summer dessert with the GoodCook line of bakeware and kitchen accessories. From a GoodCook OvenFresh Stoneware Mixing Bowl to a GoodCook Ice Cream Scoop, GoodCook has everything you need to whip up this incredible milkshake. Are you ready to make this loaded summer treat?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Strawberry Ripple Monster Shake
- 2/3 cup white chocolate melting wafers, melted
- 2 waffle cones
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 2 scoops strawberry or berry swirl ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry syrup
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries*
- 1/4 cup half-and-half, optional
- 2 large strawberries
- Pink or Strawberry Toppings (including: rainbow sprinkles, coconut-mallow cookies, toaster tarts, strawberry cookie straws, animal cookies, cereal, etc.)
In a microwave-safe container, melt white chocolate wafers in 20 second bursts, stirring between, until melted. Dip the rims of two quart-sized wide-mouthed mason jars and the tops of each waffle cone into the white chocolate, place sprinkles around the edges. Allow to cool.
Place a scoop of berry swirl ice cream into each waffle cone. Set standing up in an empty mason jar and place in freezer until ready to serve.
In a blender or food processor, combine vanilla ice cream, strawberry syrup, sliced strawberries and as much half-and-half as needed to blend to desired consistency. Puree until smooth and creamy. Transfer into chocolate-dipped mason jars. Top with waffle cones, sprinkles and arrange your favorite toppings on top.
*For an extra-thick shake, use frozen strawberries and omit half-and-half