A vibrant dish to welcome summer, this strawberry ramen salad combines an old college stand-by with bright, sunny ingredients. You thought the days of ramen packets were over, but there’s nothing quite like wavy ramen noodles to turn a salad into a spectacular side dish! We’ve used crisp lettuce and cabbage as the base, added in fresh strawberries, cucumber, and mandarin oranges, and tossed it all with ramen noodles and a sweet, citrus dressing.
Bring this tasty twist on salad to your next potluck or serve with a spread of yummy summer eats – we guarantee it’ll be gobbled up quick!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Go Cheesy. Sprinkle on 2 Tablespoons crumbled goat cheese for a creamy, tangy surprise!
- Get your Bacon Fix. Bacon-lovers will flip for this. Toss in 4 slices of diced, pre-cooked bacon for more incredible flavor.
- Make it Asian. Add sliced avocado, swap out the strawberries for ½ cup cooked, shelled edamame, and sprinkle on sesame seeds. For the dressing, replace the lemon and lime juice with 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar, 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, and ¼ tsp sesame oil.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook Touch Locking Tongs, Good Cook OvenFresh Stoneware Mixing Bowls, and the Good Cook Fine Edge Santoru Knife? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Strawberry Ramen Salad
A sunny take on green salad with a surprising old-school twist! We’ve added in ramen noodles and tossed with berries and citrus flavors to give you an incredibly yummy side dish!
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 8
- 2 packs ramen plus packets, chicken flavored
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 Lemons, freshly squeezed
- 2 limes, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola or light olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds or toasted sliced almonds
Heat oven to 425ºF.
Crush ramen, spread across the bottom of a Good Cook 9×9” baking pan. Drizzle with coconut oil, toss to coat. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or edges of ramen begin to turn golden brown. Remove and cool.
Toss together cabbage, purple cabbage, romaine, cucumber and scallions.
In a medium bowl, whisk together ramen flavoring packets, lemon juice, lime juice, honey and oil. Drizzle over salad, toss to coat. Add oranges, strawberries and sunflower seeds. Toss gently to mix. Serve and enjoy!
Grilled or shredded chicken