Enjoy the freshest flavors of the summer with these simple Strawberry-Citrus Avocado Boats! They make the perfect snack or side dish to serve alongside grilled meats and foil-pack dinners. This quick recipe is summer-friendly, because you don’t need to turn on the oven to make it!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Add Grilled Chicken. Toss in grilled, diced chicken for added protein and flavor.
- Add Even More Berries. Add blueberries or blackberries to the mix, or swap out the strawberries entirely for one or the other.
- Switch out the Citrus. Any kind of citrus tastes delicious in this recipe. Add a mix, or try added blood oranges, clementines, even Meyer Lemons make a nice match.
Get the Tools
Avocado like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with summer salad essentials like the colorful Good Cook Knife Set or Bamboo Cutting Board? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Strawberry-Citrus Avocado Boats
Plump, juicy, red strawberries take the stage in this recipe and could not taste any better than this! This scrumptious blend of succulent sweetness, tangy citrus, and mouth-watering mint will leave your tastebuds thanking you. Enjoy this flavorful and health-conscious creation at your next picnic or outdoor gathering.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2/3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, mix together strawberries, orange, grapefruit, lime, mint leaves, and agave. Toss gently until mixed. Spoon into the center of the avocados. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy immediately.