This recipe is part of the 2017 Real Summer Real Flavor Giveaway. Click here and learn how you could instantly win $100,000!
Amaze your taste buds with a fresh strawberry chef’s salad full of unique, bold flavors. It’s filling enough for dinner, yet won’t weigh you down all evening. Packed with sweet strawberries, crunchy Mrs. Cubbinson’s croutons, protein-rich turkey, and other good-for-you ingredients, this chef’s salad is a health-lovers dream. It’s tossed with a cilantro lime dressing spiked with Challenge Cream Cheese, which melds incredible creaminess with fresh herb flavor for a zesty finish. We know you’ll fall in love with this recipe as much as we have!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Toasted Walnuts. Add ½ cup toasted walnuts for a nutty crunch.
- Bleu Cheese. Now we’re talking! ¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese takes this salad over the top!
- Grilled Chicken. Swap out the turkey for grilled chicken if barbecue season is in full swing.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook 5-inch Fine Edge Santoku Knife, the Good Cook Epicure Stainless Steel Basting Spoon, and Good Cook Stoneware Mixing Bowls? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Strawberry Chef Salad with Creamy Cilantro-Green Onion Ranch
An amazingly tasty chef's salad loaded with good-for-you ingredients and tasty bright, bold flavors. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 large head romaine, stemmed and diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Mrs. Cubbinson’s Classic Seasoned Croutons
- 1 1/2 cups diced turkey and/or ham
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 oz Challenge Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Place romaine in a large, shallow dish.
Arrange cucumber, eggs, strawberries, croutons, turkey and ham, and diced avocados in strips across the top of the romaine. Drizzle avocados with lemon juice.
In a blender or mini food processor, blend together all dressing ingredients, puree’ing until creamy.
Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
by Brooke Lark