If you don’t have an ice cream maker, it’s still possible to make rich, creamy ice cream. All you need is a blender or food processor! Using bananas as the base, this easy recipe has far less sugar that storebought versions–and it’s so easy to make! The only thing better than cookies ‘n cream is homemade Strawberry-Banana Ice Cream with oodles of Oreos tossed right in. Here’s how to make this insanely easy (and tasty!) dessert:
Fun Flavor Twists
Here are a few easy upgrades you can make with this recipe:
- Use only strawberries or only bananas and add 1 Tbsp malted milk mix for an Oreo Malt Ice Cream
- Stir in Biscotti cookies for a cinnamon-kissed crunch
- Stir in crushed graham crackers for a cheesecake version of this recipe
- Add crushed, freezedried strawberries to the mix for added color, flavor and tangy crunchies
Get the Tools
Need to stock your kitchen with ice cream supplies like our silicone Good Cook Push Scoop, Twister or cast aluminum Smart Scoop? You can find these essentials and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
Strawberry Banana Oreo Ice Cream
Strawberries, bananas and Oreos. What combo could be better?
- 1 (14 oz) bag frozen strawberries
- 3 bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup honey, pure maple syrup or agave
- 18 cream-filled cookies, crushed
In a hi-speed blender or food processor, puree strawberries, bananas, heavy cream and honey together until smooth. Gently fold in crushed cookies. Serve immediately, if soft-serve texture is desired. Or smoothie mixture into a parchment-lined loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve.