You’ve never had a Tuna Melt this delicious! Loaded with incredible flavor, topped with a spicy Sriracha BBQ sauce, pepperjack cheese, and fresh sliced jalapenos…this is the fastest way to make your day hot, hot, hot! Delicious when served with a homemade margarita and sour cream tortilla dip.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Go BBQ. For a tasty flavor change, stir in a little BBQ sauce. Or swap out the Sriracha entirely for BBQ sauce.
- Toast Twist. Great on bagels, also delicious on slices of toasted sourdough!
- Take out the Tuna. If tuna isn’t your thing, but you love everything else about this recipe, use canned chicken, instead.
Get the Tools
Lunch like a pro. Need to stock your pantry with lunch-making essentials. You can find everything from reusable lunch containers to sandwich knives in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty lunch ideas? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Spicy BBQ Sriracha Tuna Melt
The classic tuna melt has been kicked up a notch with a deliciously spicy BBQ sauce.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans White Albacore tuna
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons purple onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Everything bagels (plain or onion bagels will also work), sliced
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onions, and cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon on top of the bottom half of each bagel. In another small bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce and Sriracha. Drizzle over the top of the tuna. Place a slice of pepperjack over the sauce. Top with sliced jalapenos. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, then bake the tuna-topped bagels in preheated oven for 10-minutes. Place the top of the bagels in the oven for about five minutes, just to lightly toast the bagels. Serve sandwich-style or open-faced. Enjoy!