Dinnertime can be a real drag. So many questions. So little time. What to serve? Which ingredients do you even have in the pantry? What will the adults love and kids not scrunch their noses at?
The answers aren’t always easy. Especially because, finding a dinner you feel good about serving doesn’t always translate to a meal everyone is cheering over.
Which is why we’ve spent this week focussing on fun ways to enjoy veggies, taking comfort food favorites and giving them a veggie-full upgrade. We’ve premiered our insanely delicious Rainbow Veggie Nachos and super-quick and simple Quinoa Taco Peppers. Both are family-approved favorites worth trying.
We wrap up our week with a dish full of cheesy, baked enchiladas. Don’t they look delicious? They are! Savory and scrumptious, we had a table full of kids begging for seconds and then thirds. What they didn’t know was that these vegetarian enchiladas also hide a pound or more of broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato and carrots! Tune in below to see how we hid all of these vegetables inside:
Get the Tools
Here’s everything you’ll need to round up before prepping this dish:
- 3-Quart Ceramic Casserole Dish. Microwave, oven and dishwasher safe, this versatile dish is the ultimate bake-and-serve essential.
- 3-Piece Knife Set. Dice, slice and chop garnishes. This high-carbon steel knife set does everything needed in this recipe with ease.
- 10×15″ Plastic Cutting Board. With non-slip sides for a stable cutting surface and a double-sided design including flat and grooved surface, this dishwasher safe cutting board makes it easy to prep all the veggies you hide inside this delish dish.
More Mexi-Inspired Twists
Looking for some more delicious ways to serve up tacos & enchiladas for dinner? Here are a few favorites:
- Chorizo Spinach Breakfast Enchiladas
- One Pot Pasta: Tasty Taco Mac
- Bake Chipotle Copycat Burritos
- 7 Baked Burritos That Will Have You Running for a Fork
- 7 Favorite Cinco de Mayo Slow Cooker Recipes
Sneaky Veggie Enchiladas
So many veggies hidden inside, but no one will ever guess! These delicious vegetarian enchiladas are a great way to sneak more greens into your family’s day!
- 1 (15 oz) can refried beans or refried black beans, drained
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium purple onion, finely chopped
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 (15 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 (4.25 oz) jars sweet potato and/or carrots baby food
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- nonstick olive oil spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together refried beans, 1 cup cheddar, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Spoon into tortillas and wrap burrito-style. Place in a Good Cook 9×13″ ceramic casserole sprayed with nonstick. In a medium bowl, stir together enchilada sauce, taco seasoning and baby food until well mixed. Spread over the top of the enchiladas, sprinkle remaining cheese, green onions and olives on top. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Serve and enjoy!