Find the best of summer desserts sandwiched between graham cracker, rich chocolate and homemade marshmallow ice cream with my S’more Ice Cream Sandwich.
1. Line a GoodCook 8 Inch x 8 Inch Square Cake Pan with parchment paper and set aside. Then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and the butter until you reach the texture of wet sand.
3. Using 1/2 the graham cracker mixture press the crumbs into the bottom of the lined tin creating an even crust. Place in the freezer to set up while you make the ganache layer.
4. In a GoodCook 2 Quart Non-Stick Saucepan warm the cream and the chopped chocolate. Allow to sit over medium heat for roughly 4-5 minutes until the chocolate is melted. Once melted gently stir together until you have a shiny chocolate sauce-like mixture. Be careful not to over mix as this can cause the ganache to separate.
5. Remove the cake pan from the freezer and pour the ganache over the crust in one even layer. Return to the freezer to set while making the marshmallow ice cream layer.
6. First, transfer the marshmallows to the lined baking tray and toast them by placing the sheet pan under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Once toasted set aside.
7. To make the ice cream, whip the cream to stiff peaks with a hand or stand mixer. Once whipped add the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla and continue to beat until you’ve reached a light and fluffy consistency.
8. Peel the toasted marshmallows away from the parchment and fold into the ice cream mixture, they should string through, streaking the ice cream with toasted marshmallows.
9. Remove the cake pan from the freezer and top the ganache layer with the toasted marshmallow ice cream.
10. Return to the freezer to set slightly. Once partially set, after about 30 minutes sprinkle over the remaining graham cracker crust mixture over the ice cream layer. Gently press down to form an even top crust. Return to the freezer one final time to fully set for a minimum of 6 hours to overnight.
11. These can be covered and stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.