Perfect for game day or just any lazy day, this slow-cooked brisket in french onion soup sauce makes the perfect dip! Simply empty the contents of a packet of french onion soup into a slow cooker with a brisket plus beef broth and you are on your way to heaven! Afterwards, slice-up the beef to serve between some crusty French bread and you are one dunk away from comfort food bliss.
Delish Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Go Creamy. Mix some of the dip sauce in with plain greek yogurt for a creamy take on this recipe
- Make it Melty. Open-face your french bread then toast in the oven, top with beef and drizzle the sauce on rather than dunking
- Swap The Flavor. Chicken or pork works just as nicely as beef. For a slightly different flavor twist, give a different meat a try.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like our ceramic ramekins ? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Slow Cooker French Dip
Slow cooked in beef broth and an onion soup packet mix, this beef brisket flavored French Dip is the answer to all your comfort food dreams!
- 1 (3 lb )beef brisket
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- 1 (14 oz) can of beef broth
- 8 large French rolls, split in half
Place the beef brisket with he beef broth and onion soup packet contents in the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 7-9 hours. Slice the beef and serve between crusty, French bread! Pour the sauce in ramekins and dunk the beef sandwiches in the sauce!