What is better than a side dish for a summer BBQ that practically cooks itself?
These Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans with Pork will be an instant hit at any summer BBQ, and the best news is they are incredibly easy to prepare and keep warm thanks to the use of your slow cooker!
Hearty and full of flavor yet incredibly simple, you’ll find that this recipe can easily be served as a slow cooker main dish for dinner in addition to being a great BBQ side dish.
For this recipe, first you’ll start by sautéing one large white onion that has been peeled and chopped. After that, you’ll add some boneless pork ribs that you’ve cut into cubes along with some of my favorite Southwestern Pork Rub for seasoning.
Cook the pork ribs until they’ve browned on all sides, then add the brown sugar, honey, fire roasted tomatoes, and canned baked beans. Next, you’ll want to transfer the mixture to your slow cooker along with 1 lb. of sliced smoked pork sausage. Stir it all up with a spatula and let it cook on low for about 4 – 6 hours.
Fun Flavor Twists to Customize the Recipe
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Add roasted or sautéed bell peppers, poblanos, or jalapeños for extra veggies and a kick of spice.
- Double up on the sausage and use 2 lbs rather than 1 and no pork ribs.
- Add shredded or chopped beef brisket instead of pork – this is a great way to use up leftover meat, too!
- Try this Slow Cooker Southwestern Pulled Pork as an addition rather than pork sausage and boneless pork ribs.
Get the Tools
Cook like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with no-scratch, crockpot-friendly like silicone whisks, serving spoons and spatulas? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
You’ll definitely want a nice sharp knife to cut the boneless pork ribs and smoked pork sausage in this recipe. I love this set from Good Cook because it provides a variety of sizes for everyday use. Measuring spoons and cups are also essential for accurate measuring.
That’s it, this recipe is super simple, so you can definitely dress it up as you like with some of the ideas above, or eat it as is. Happy BBQing!
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
- Slow Cooked BBQ Beer Chicken
- Mini BBQ Hasselback Potatoes
- Mango Habanero Ribs
- Slow Cooker Baked Bean Trio
Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans with Pork
Savory meets hearty with a touch of honeyed sweetness in this delicious crockpot baked bean recipe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork ribs, cubed
- 1 Tbsp prepared Pork Rub or BBQ seasoning
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 (28 oz) cans Original Baked Beans
- 1 (14.5 oZ) can fire roasted tomatoes, drained and juices discarded
- 1 lb smoked pork sausage
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a cast iron skillet or sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the pork ribs and Pork Rub seasoning. Cook until browned on all sides. Add the honey, brown sugar, baked beans, and tomatoes. Stir to combine and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Transfer the mixture to the pot of your slow cooker. Add the sausage, stir to combine and cover with the lid. Cook on low heat for 4 - 6 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.