Get all the flavors of your favorite Chinese takeout in this quick and healthy Skillet Cashew Chicken Meal Prep. Diced chicken and loads of veggies are stir-fried with an irresistible sweet and spicy Asian sauce. Serve this Skillet Cashew Chicken over riced cauliflower for a tasty, low-carb lunch or weeknight dinner.
This Skillet Cashew Chicken meal prep is everything a one-pan meal should be—quick, easy to make, and packed with nutrition. Our recipe brings delicious Asian flavors to your kitchen and comes together all in one pan. We love cooking it all up in a GoodCook Deep Sauté Pan. It’s roomy enough for all the ingredients, has a non-stick interior and comes with a tempered glass lid.
The protein, veggies and cauliflower rice fit perfectly in a GoodCook 3 Compartment Meal Prep Container, so you can take it to work for a low-carb lunch. One compartment fits the stir-fry chicken, a second compartment fits the cauliflower rice, and a third section is the perfect size for the sautéed veggies. That’s all you need for a nutritious and flavor-packed lunch or quick and easy dinner!
Here are all the steps you’ll need to get this tasty, flavorful meal prep into containers for the week:
For the Stir Fry
- To prepare the sauce, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili paste and lime juice in a small GoodCook Mixing Bowl and set aside.
- This recipe calls for diced chicken, so you’ll need a strong knife for cutting. We love the GoodCook Touch Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife, which is sharp and sturdy, perfect for this task. Make sure to disinfect and clean your knife and cutting surface after working with raw chicken.
- In a GoodCook Touch Mixing Bowl, combine the chicken with garlic salt, pepper, and cornstarch, tossing to coat.
- In a GoodCook Deep Sauté Pan, heat oil and cook chicken for 4-5 minutes.
- Add red pepper and pineapple and sauté for 2-3 minutes, adding cashews at the end.
- Add the sauce to the stir fry and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer individual portions of the stir fry into the 1 cup sections of the GoodCook Meal Prep Containers.
- Return the GoodCook Deep Sauté Pan to stove and add the broccoli, 1 Tablespoon sesame oil, 1 Tablespoon soy sauce and 1/4 cup miso broth. Place a lid on the GoodCook Deep Sauté Pan and cook until steamed. Transfer to the 2 cup section in the GoodCook Meal Prep Container. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
For the Riced Cauliflower
There are 3 ways to get riced cauliflower for this recipe: you can make it, you can buy it fresh in the produce section of some grocery stores (like Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods), or you can buy it in the frozen aisle of some grocery stores.
- To make riced cauliflower: wash and thoroughly dry the head of cauliflower. Cut the head into small pieces and transfer to a food processor with a grater attachment. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice-like pieces.
- If you plan to store the fresh riced cauliflower, use a resealable freezer bag and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- To cook the riced cauliflower for this recipe: Add 1 Tablespoon sesame oil and garlic to GoodCook Deep Sauté Pan and return over medium heat. Toss in the riced cauliflower, peas and carrots. Cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add green onions and transfer into the other 1 cup section in the GoodCook Meal Prep Container.
We love how quickly this delicious meal comes together, and you will too! From the GoodCook Touch Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife to the GoodCook Deep Sauté Pan, GoodCook has all of the bakeware, cookware and kitchen accessories to get started on this skillet cashew chicken meal prep. Are you ready to prep?
Prep & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Skillet Cashew Chicken Meal Prep
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup whole cashews
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chili-garlic paste
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup miso, veggie or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
In a large bowl, sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper, and 1 Tbsp cornstarch. Toss to coat.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook until nearly cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Add red pepper and pineapple, saute until crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes. Toss in cashews.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp cornstarch, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, brown sugar, chili paste and lime juice. Drizzle sauce over skillet, cook 1-2 minutes. Transfer to 1 cup section in meal prep container.
Add 1 Tbsp sesame oil and garlic to skillet and return over medium heat. Toss in riced cauliflower, peas and carrots. Cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add green onions, spoon into 1 cup section in meal prep container.
Return skillet to stove, add broccoli, 1 Tbsp sesame oil, 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1/4 cup miso broth. Place lid on skillet and cook until steamed. Transfer to 2 cup section in meal prep container. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.