These Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms are incredibly tasty and satisfying. Each yummy bite is filled with a delicious combo of goat cheese (you can swap in cream cheese, too), sausage and dried cranberries. This simple app can be prepped up to 48 hours in advance, making it the perfect dish to have at the ready for impromptu holiday gatherings. When ready to serve, simply toss in the oven and bake until golden brown. Easiest appetizer ever!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Make ‘Em with Bacon. Add bacon bits to the mix for an extra tasty twist.
- Cheese it Up. Stir in shredded sharp cheddar, Swiss and/or Romano for a three-cheese take on this recipe.
- Go Veggie. Prepping this recipe for a vegan or vegetarian crowd? Swap in vegan sausage crumbles and vegan cream cheese. Still works like a charm!
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with cooking essentials? You can find everything you need–from baking sheets to parchment paper–in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Baby portabella caps are stuffed with goat cheese, sausage, and dried cranberries to create these beautiful appetizers. A perfect party starter, stuff your mushroom caps up to 48 before you're ready to serve, then bake when needed!
- 4 ounces goat cheese or cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian sausage, cooked
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 15 mushroom caps, stems removed
- nonstick olive oil spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together goat cheese, sausage, cranberries, and garlic. Spoon goat cheese filling into the center of each mushroom cap. Spray each mushroom with a thin layer of nonstick olive oil spray, place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and goat cheese filling is golden.