Bypass the parking and crowds at the Renaissance festival and make your own finger-licking good fair food at home. Inspired by the giant turkey legs lugged around by fairgoers, we took the best spices and seasoning from the fair recipe and tweaked it into tender, sweet, and spicy chicken skewers. A whole lot easier to manage and just as tasty, these skewers are great for the grill. Make this simple and delicious recipe any time you crave fair food but don’t want to leave the house.
Sturdy and just right for the job, Good Cook Kabob Skewers make threading food on skewers effortless. Give them a try, we know you’ll love them!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Add some heat. Ramp up the heat with 1 Tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce like Tobasco, Frank’s Red Hot, or whatever’s in your pantry!
- Dip it. Serve with a bowl of yogurt dipping sauce. Combine ¾ cup plain yogurt, 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice, I clove chopped garlic, and 2 Tablespoons finely chopped oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Give salad a boost. Add grilled chicken skewers to a green salad and drizzle with garlic-oregano vinaigrette for a healthy way to do dinner.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like Good Cook Kabob Skewers, the Good Cook Touch Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife, and the Good Cook Classic Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Renaissance Fair Chicken Skewers
Inspired by the giant turkey legs at summertime Renaissance Festivals and State Fairs, these tasty chicken skewers are tender, sweet and spicy. A great combination for the grill!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced into very thin strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
Place chicken strips, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper, honey and vinegar in a reusable food storage container. Mix well. Cover and marinate 1 hour to overnight.
Thread meat onto skewers. Grill or bake skewers until chicken is cooked through. Serve and enjoy.