Surprise, surprise! Bite into one of these pumpkin piñata cupcakes and you’re in for a treat! Fluffy vanilla cupcakes are hollowed out, stuffed with a generous spoonful of festive sprinkles, and frosted into the cutest mini pumpkins you ever did see. Unbeknownst to your trick-or-treaters, they’ll be rewarded with a hidden treasure upon taking a bite. A mini avalanche of Halloween sprinkles spills out of these sweet pumpkin treats! Don’t worry, these festive cupcakes are easier to make than you think – just follow our simple recipe below to whip up a batch for your next Halloween party. We guarantee your party ghouls, ghosts, and goblins will be pleasantly surprised!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Candy Swap. Sneak your favorite candy in the middle – Halloween M & M’s, candy corn, or mix and match (toss in some candy eyeballs for fun!)
- Pumpkin Spice Surprise. Leave out the candy and pipe in some pumpkin spice frosting for a real taste of fall!
- Jack O’ Lantern. Move the stem and leaf a little off center and use a black icing pen to draw small triangle eyes, nose, and Jack O’ Lantern mouth on each cupcake.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Sweet Creations Cookie Scoop, the Good Cook Smart Scoop Ice Cream Scoop, and the Good Cook Cupcake Pan and Carrying Case? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Pumpkin Sprinkle Pinata Cupcakes
Get ready for an avalanche of sprinkles! Bite into one of these pumpkin piñata cupcakes and you’re in for a sweet and festive treat!
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- 1 batch Perfect Birthday Cupcakes, prepared (see notes section for recipe link)
- 2 batches Our Favorite Vanilla Buttercream
- 4 teaspoons orange food coloring gel
- 1 1/2 cups Halloween-themed sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups orange sugar
- 12 green tootsie rolls or salt-water taffy candies
Cook and cool cupcakes. Prepare buttercream, tint to orange.
With a spoon or cookie scoop, remove the top center of each cupcake. Fill with sprinkles. Gently replace the very top of each cupcake over the sprinkles. With an ice cream scoop (like the Good Cook Smart Scoop Ice Cream Scoop0, place a scoop of frosting atop each cupcake. Roll in orange sugar until entire top of cupcake is coated. With a spoon, create pumpkin “lines” around the frosting.
With a rolling pin, flatten Tootsie rolls to 1/4″ thick rectangles. Cut into two triangle shaped pieces. Mold one piece into a “stem” and the second into a “leaf”. Press into the top of your pumpkin cupcakes. Serve immediately or keep fresh in the Good Cook Cupcake Pan and Carrying Case until ready to enjoy.