Does your family celebrate Mardi Gras? Here in the Good Cook kitchen, we’re split. For some of us, it’s the biggest party of the year. For others, not so much. But there is one thing we can all agree on: beignets are the best.
And these beignets? Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed biscuits, deep fried until golden, topped with mounds and mounds of powdered sugar (just like a good beignet should be), may be one of the best recipes to ever come out of our kitchen.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Try it With Nutella. The Chocolate PB here can be swapped for any nut butter. Nutella is a great option, too.
- Stuff ’em With Cookie Butter. If you’re a huge fan of cookie butter, swap it in for the PB here and enjoy! For extra sweetness, stir mini chocolate chips in and you’ll have a cookie-dough style center.
- Stir in PB Cups. Can’t get enough of the peanut butter and chocolate combo? Stir chopped peanut butter cups into the chocolate peanut butter mix before stuffing your beignets. Candy explosion!
Get the Tools
Beignet Like a Pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like a fry pan, biscuit cutter or sifter? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
- 1(8-count) can refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup chocolate peanut butter
- 1-2 cups coconut oil, for frying
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Open biscuits. Peel individual biscuits in half, fill with chocolate peanut butter. Press the edges together, to "stuff" the biscuit full of peanut butter. Cut into a perfect round with a Good Cook biscuit cutter.
- Heat coconut oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Once hot, fry biscuits until golden on both sides. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with powdered sugar. Enjoy while warm!