Enjoy an easy dessert recipe for summer with my Peach and Blueberry Crisp recipe featuring baked sweet peaches, blueberries and a buttery crisp topping.
1. Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC).Making the peach and blueberry filling
2. In a medium bowl mix together peaches, blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract (and seeds from the vanilla pod) until well coated. Set aside.
To Make the Crisp Topping
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pecan.
2. Using your fingertips or a dough cutter, rub in butter into the dry ingredients until
it starts to come together and is in pea-sized lumps.
3. Divide the fruit filling between 4 Good Cook Oven Safe 5 1/2 inch pie dishes.
Alternatively you can use one large dish to make a larger crisp.
4. Sprinkle the crisp topping over each dish. Be generous, this is not a time to hold
5. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is
6. Let cool on for 15 minutes, then scoop a big ball of vanilla ice cream using a GoodCook Smart Scoop Ice Cream Scoop! Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Use fresh or frozen fruit, or a variety of different fruit
This recipe will make 1 large crisp to feed 8 people.
If you have any crisp topping left over, label it and freeze it in a zip locked bag for up to 8 weeks.