If you’ve ever craved French Onion Soup, then you’re going to love this fun soup, which takes all the flavors of pizza, melts a chunk of mozzarella up top, and serves up all sorts of goodness in a single bowl.
This recipe is perfect when served in the Good Cook 18 ounce Ceramic Soup Mug, which holds up beautifully to the hot soup and oven baking, not to mention it looks divine when served on the table, making this already delicious meal positively irresistible.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Make it Meatless. Add veggies, instead of pepperoni, for a plant-based soup.
- Meatsa Pizza. Or add in cooked, crumbled sausage, diced ham and/or ground beef for the carnivore in your life.
- Upgrade with Fresh Herbs. Stir in chopped basil for a simple, bright kick of fresh flavor.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with soup making essentials? You can everything from saucepans to ceramic soup mugs in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
- 4 baguette slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can Fireroasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups mozzarella (sliced or grated)
- 12 slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the top rack on the second shelf of the oven. Place baguette slices directly on the rack in the oven and cook until crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, chili pepper flakes, salt and sugar. Heat until steaming. Spoon into two Good Cook stoneware mugs.
- Heat oven to broil. Place two baguette slices in the center of each mug of soup. Sprinkle cheese on top of croutons, then top with pepperoni. Place mugs on a baking sheet, then place on the second rack from the top. Cook until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!