When it’s party time, you don’t just want to break out the balloons. You want to create a memory. Make the special day extra special. And so, you pick a creative theme. Hit Pinterest and hunt for just.the.right ideas for cupcakes and decorations and favors.
If this sounds like you, you’re a human after our own heart. We love the wonderful ideas. The clever ones. The easy ones.
Which is why we’re crazy over the moon with this adorable idea for Brownie Bite Succulents. Using storebought brownie bites (no baking required!) and a bit of buttercream, you can turn tiny 2″ flowerpots into adorable baby cactus cakes. And with the one-piece OodleTip, icing has never been so easy. Check it out:
A few easy ideas to help you prep this cute idea:
- Visit the Craft Store. Wondering where to buy 2″ mini terra cotta flowerpots? They are typically available year round in the florist section of craft stores. Or purchase in bulk online from Amazon suppliers.
- Make Your Own Buttercream. Storebought frosting is simple, but it doesn’t stand up well to decorating. Instead of buying tubs of the premade stuff, make this Best Ever Buttercream for best results.
- Buy Premade Icing Flowers. Hit the cake decor section of your local craft store and buy premade icing flowers. Keep in mind, most cactus flowers are pink, yellow or purple. But you can use your imagination with these whimsical creations.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like XXX, XXX, XXX? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
More OodleTip Ideas
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Brownie Bite Succulents
Brownie Bites become quick and simple cactus cupcakes with this easy decorating idea.
- 18 brownie bites
- 2 cups buttercream frosting, tinted green
- 6 pink sugar flowers
- Also needed: six 2-inch terra cotta pots, cleaned and dried
Place two brownie bites in the bottom of each pot, turn a third one upsidedown and use frosting to place on top of each flowerpot. Snip the OodleTip in the center of the tip to create ribbing piping. Fill with frosting. Pipe small beads around the top of the brownie bite, pulling the end of each bead out to create cactus "spikes". Press a pink flower gently on top. Serve and enjoy!