We’ve been celebrating the wonders of One Pot Pasta this week. And this recipe is guaranteed to become a new favorite. Tasty Taco Mac takes everything you love about Taco Tuesday and turns it into a simple skillet meal. Five minutes of prep, 15 minutes of cook time. You can feed a crowd with this easy dish. Kids and adults are guaranteed to love the familiar flavors, and kitchen chef’s everywhere can settle back with a margarita in hand. Because this one is so easy to make, it’s almost like taking the night off!
We’ve turned this recipe into a video tutorial to show just how easy it is. Check it out below, then print the recipe at the bottom of this post.
Easy Swap Ingredients
You can make this meal for any eating preference. It’s versatility is one of the best parts of this meal.
- Vegetarian. Make this one meat-free by simply leaving out the sausage crumbles.
- Vegan. Omit the cheese and make this one without meat, or use vegan crumbles instead.
- Gluten-free. We prepped this recipe with g-free pasta and it worked like a charm. Feel free to sub in your favorite gluten-free pasta. Just watch the texture during the final 5 minutes of cooking, adding a bit of broth, if needed, to keep it saucy.
- Paleo. You don’t have to rely on pasta for this one-pot wonder. Medium-chop a head of cauliflower florets and toss it in, instead. The cook time is same as pasta, and you’ll have a delicious skillet approved for primal eaters.
The Perfect One Pot Pan
For this recipe, we used the Good Cook 11″ Deep Saute Pan with Lid. Large enough for all the ingredients, one batch of this pasta (which feeds four to six) fit perfectly in this pan. The liquids didn’t boil over the deep edges, the cover kept splatters from happening as noodles cooked and the final pasta filled the interior nicely. Sleek black, with simple lines, this pan also looks great on your table. Just pop a Pasta Fork in and serve straight from the pan.
Love This Recipe?
One Pot Tasty Taco Mac
Quick and simple, this one pot pasta makes an awesome weeknight meal...in 20 minutes or less!
- 8 oz uncooked pasta (we used ditalini)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can corn
- 6 oz cooked beef or sausage crumbles
- 3/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups chicken. beef or veggie broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
In a Gook Cook 11" saute pan, stir together pasta, black beans, corn, sausage crumbles, green onion, salsa, taco seasoning and broth. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, cook fro 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently until pasta is tender. Remove from heat. Top with cheese, avocado and cilantro. Enjoy!