Whip up a delicious dinner using simple ingredients you’ve got in your pantry or freezer…and WIN! with the GoodCook #OnePotChallenge. Our One-Pot Formula makes it easy to make your own custom one-pot pasta. Just plug your favorite flavors into our easy-to-follow recipe formula, take a photo and share on social and you’ll be entered to win!
What’s better than Taco Tuesday? This One Pot Taco Pasta—it comes together so quickly for an incredibly tasty Tex Mex dinner. Featuring ground beef, pasta, and your favorite taco fixings in an easy-to-make stovetop dinner that’s ready in 15 minutes. The whole family will love this delicious one-pot taco pasta dinner!
Our one-pot formula makes it easy to whip up dinner using ingredients you already have in your kitchen. This simple formula calls for 1 cup of cooked protein, 2 cups of veggies, 8 ounces of pasta and 3 cups of liquid. Combine all of the ingredients in one pot, cook until pasta is al dente, and dinner is done. Whether you crave Italian, Mexican or any other type of cuisine, adjust the spices and put this formula to work for dinner tonight. There’s no guesswork, ingredients are easy to substitute, and your whole family will love these flavorful and satisfying meals.
Grating cheese is the only prep you’ll need for this recipe. We love the GoodCook Vegetable Box Grater for grating cheese. It comes with an attachable container for catching, measuring, and storing freshly grated foods. Quickly and easily grate a whole block of cheese with no mess!
The GoodCook Deep Sauté Pan With Lid is the perfect size for cooking up this recipe. Brown the ground beef, add the sauce and cook the shells all in one pot. It’s roomy enough to cook up the whole meal and features a non-stick interior for easy cleaning. With this recipe, Tex Mex flavors come together all in one pot for a satisfying and delicious dinner!
This recipe is easy to customize. We’ve listed some substitutions below:
- Don’t have ground beef? Substitute ground turkey, chicken or sausage.
- Replace the corn in this recipe with cauliflower rice or jicama.
- You can use tomato sauce or fresh tomatoes in place of the diced tomatoes.
- Any type of pasta can replace the shells in this recipe.
Here are all the steps you’ll need to get this one-pot dinner on the table:
How to make one-pot taco pasta
- In a large pot or GoodCook Deep Sauté Pan With Lid, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 ½ lbs ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning and pasta.
- Add 3 cups of beef broth and stir in the grated cheddar cheese. Cover the pot, bring to a boil and cook on the stovetop for 12 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.
With this one-pot formula, we show you just how easy it is to whip up dinner any night of the week. Take our basic one-pot formula and try it for yourself—it’s super easy, customizable, and perfect for getting dinner on the table fast. GoodCook has all the cookware and kitchen accessories you need to get started. From the GoodCook Vegetable Box Grater to the GoodCook Deep Sauté Pan With Lid, you’re on your way to a delicious and filling south-of-the-border meal in 15 minutes. Are you ready to get cooking?
Make & Share
Happy One Pot Taco Pasta making! If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned corn
- 8 oz mini shell pasta
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Add taco seasoning, tomatoes, corn, pasta, cheddar and beef broth. Cover and cook on stovetop over medium-high heat until boiling, then turn heat to medium and cook 10-12 minutes, until pasta is al dente.
Garnish with green onions, serve and enjoy!