Transform classic deviled eggs into colorful Easter treats with this quick food coloring hack. Egg white boats get a wash of spring color and a swirl of irresistible deviled egg piping on top. These Multi-colored Baked Deviled Eggs are perfect for Easter celebrations and a fun way to welcome spring.
Set out a tray of Multi-colored Baked Deviled Eggs and you’ve got the tastiest appetizer ever! We’ve found a way to hard-cook eggs without the fuss of boiling water. Set each egg in the cup of a GoodCook 12 Cup Muffin Pan and bake for 30 minutes. Immediately plunge the baked eggs in a bowl of ice to stop the cooking. Once cooled, the eggs peel easily and are ready for coloring. Or, you can skip cooking the eggs altogether and purchase ready-to-eat pre-hardboiled eggs from the grocery store.
Here are all the steps you’ll need to get these tasty, colorful deviled eggs on the table:
How to make multi-colored deviled eggs
- Slice each peeled egg in half with a GoodCook Paring Knife. Remove the yolks from the whites, placing the whites on a plate and the yolks in a GoodCook Mixing Bowl.
- You’ll need 4 small bowls to color the egg whites. Add 1 cup water, ¼ cup vinegar and 10-15 drops of food coloring to each bowl.
- Divide the egg white halves between the bowls, and submerge each egg white half in the colored water for 3-5 minutes. Remove and tap the egg white dry with a clean paper towel.
- In the bowl with the yolks, add the mayonnaise, garlic salt and pepper. Whip with a GoodCook Whisk until smooth.
- Transfer the yolk mixture to an OodleTips icing bag. Snip the tip of the bag off so the opening is about 1/2” wide. Pipe the yolk mixture into the center of each egg.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
From a GoodCook 12 Cup Muffin Pan to a GoodCook Paring Knife to a GoodCook Mixing Bowl, GoodCook has all the kitchen essentials you need to make these beautiful spring deviled eggs. Brighten your table with a tray of these tasty multi-colored deviled eggs. Are you ready to get coloring?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Multi-colored Baked Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 4 cups warm water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Food coloring
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Heat oven 325 degrees F. Place each egg in a 12-cup muffin tin cup. Bake 30 minutes, then immediately plunge into a bowl of ice. Allow to cool, then peel. Slice in half. Remove yolks from whites and place in a medium bowl.
Place 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of vinegar in 4 small bowls. Add 10-15 drops of food coloring to each bowl. Separate egg whites between bowls, allow to sit for 3-5 minutes until dyed. Remove and tap dry with a clean paper towel.
To the yolks, add mayonnaise, garlic salt and pepper. Whip with a whisk until smooth. Transfer to an OodleTips icing bag, snip the tip of the bag off so the opening is about 1/2” wide. Pipe yolks back into the center of each egg. Refrigerate until ready to serve.